Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to add my two cents.

I have now ridden my brand new ZX-6R for a week and am in heaven, but thats from someone who doesn't have a hard time contorting to fit a bike.

I can't say anything about the suspension until I have had time to break it in and really go to town tweaking it.

But the seat sliding and possible tankslappers

are spot on, I find myself pushing back away from the tank every few minutes to let my balls breath.

Also I just looked up the Scotts steering damper online, it's $450 and I am ordering one first thing next week. I like that one because it keeps all the parts away from the sides of the bike.

So of course all these 600's are totally amazing, I just happen to have fallen in love with the ZX-6R.

-Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone picked up the new uh...Sportrider?

They say the 636 has the rear ride height shim installed by default.

Also they are the only mag that has printed a suggested suspension setup, I am curious if anyone has tried it.

srleadjb, could you post your setup and your weight? heh

I am about 150 pounds and would like a good starting point for preload front and rear, because the stock settings are obviously much too firm for my weight.

Half the fun of having a bike is tweaking it to fit you like a glove.

1 more question, since this is the first new bike I have bought. How closely do you guys follow the break-in rules for the engine? I'm at 400 miles, about to go put another 100 on today, and really want to open her up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lot for the response.

After I asked the break-in question I spent about 2 hrs reading through forums all over the net and was amazed at what a deep topic it is.

I am going to change my oil this week and then just take it up through the rev range from now on.

thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts