Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh, the Suzuki is powerful allright. But it's ugly. It needs more chrome, and less plastic, and some torque below 7k. And the bolts should rust, at least the ones that don't fall off. Yup, it's a fine machine, that Gixxer. But it's no Harley. I mean, their anniversary isn't even half of what Harley's is. And now they've started that lovers' tryst with Kawasaki. I mean, at least when Harley was going out of business, they managed to get bought by someone cool, right? Who doesn't love bowling and bowling supplies? But Suzuki is leaning on Kawasaki Heavy Industries, a maker of container ships. How lame is that?

There's no doubt about it: the death of the inline four is right around the corner.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I thank you, sir.

The fourth daily meeting of the Mutual Admiration Society is hereby called to order.

Will the Secretary please recite our accomplishments?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: any takers?

Hehe. I haven't seen one of those in a while. Apparantly, all the old toys are coming back; G.I. Joe, Popples, Cabbage Patch Kids, Gund Bears, Care Bears, Huggy Bear, you name it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
>>A mediocre rider on a liter bike (for example) might able to as to go fast as an excellent rider on a 600 (for example) for the simple fact that he can pu$$y-foot through the corners, whack open the throttle, and make up for his poor cornering prowess on the straights.<<

Wow. I usually limit my posts to the lighthearted, but da*n, dude.

Me and my 650#, 85hp BMW GS just got back from a weekend of mountain riding where I dusted no fewer than four Gixxer thous, a handful of R1s, and a smattering of 29s/54s.

I am an average rider of limited experience (and amazing good looks).

Parking in the corners and afterburning the straights is precisely why these teenagers get blasted by old, hairy men on Beemers and old, fat men on Harleys. A mediocre rider on a big-displacement bike can manifestly NOT go faster than an excellent rider on a lesser machine. Unless it's the freeway. Which may help explain why the overall national life-span of a new YZF-R1 is about three weeks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Abe, my friend, you sound like a perfect candidate for a twin. Perhaps Sir would like to sample our fine Superhawk?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Longride, Buzglyd, and seruzawa are you listening to 5150boy

"I have a 20001 ZX6R..."

Cool. Imagine the technology. That thing must make, what? 450? 500bhp?

Nice to know that Kawi will have lasted that long, but I think you just blew your cover, there, Gary Seven. :)

Of course, in 20,001, Harley will have just celebrated its 18,098th Anniversary. They'll still weigh 700 pounds, but just think of how loud they'll be!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cute.

Our Imperial Personage sentences you to death by "reading debate between Longride and KPaul, with Lemon Juice put on the cuts" for the crime of being snide. :p

So let it be written; so let it be done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts