Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have to disagree with all the liter-bike bashing.....

I think a liter bike is far better for the street. You don't need to wind it out and have it on the boil to go fast. I can tool through the corner in a safe, higher gear than any 600 allowing me to feel comfortable with getting on the gas early, yet still have enough torque to take the 600 on the exit. The torque of a liter bike also comes in handy in numerous places in street situations, i.e. passing, etc.

In any case, the liter bike is more enjoyable on the confines of the street where ringing corners with the engine in the powerband isn't a good idea.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Any Chump Can......

Just as any chump can highside (or wash out the front due to driveline lash) a 600 while trying to keep up with the liter bikes out of corners on a public road.

The street is not the place to explore the limits of your bike.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And he probably wouldn't be doing any better than any of the other guys on the RC51, probably no better than Eric Bostrom. The G1000 is bringing a gun to a knife fight.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there are several veteran or at least far more experienced riders that are also riding the RC211V that are behind Nicky in the standings. And don't give me the "they don't have the best bike" stuff. Every RC211V is basically a custom race bike that is the best money can buy. These aren't guys buying GSXR750's off the showroom floor and putting pipes and race tires on them, then going out and racing Matt Mladin on his (highly-modified, non-factory) factory race bike.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: AMA Superbike rules will prove to be better over WSB.

Racing should reflect the bikes ridden on the street, but not EVERY bike ridden on the street. Bikes that are manufactured for street use have all sorts of purposes other than for going very fast----comfort, LOOKS, SOUND, storage, wind protection, passenger capability, etc.....should we say that race bikes should have saddlebags and big chrome headlights too? No? Well, guess what, the fastest streetbikes are all inline fours, because it's easiest to make big power out of them, especially in an economic sense. A stock GSXR1000 beats a stock 998 just as a factory race 1000 is now killing (when it's not handicapped to the hilt) the factory 998's.

Why do we need to handicap the best engine designs simply to make sure that we have diversity in exhaust notes?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Go back to school Sean. Intuition can only be used by sucessfully by women

Holy crap KPaul you must be some kind of idiot to completely ignore the "all other things being equal" part. That rules out your whole deviant discussion of differing materials.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts