Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Wheee! Look at me! I'm an Engineer!!!!!!

I think you should read Mashuri's post first. Also you tend to use math and physics as equivalent. Math is the lanquage of physics. The chunk of metal discussion was good intuition but not physics.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Johnny.... you missed a great opportunity.

So you want an overly complicated series with handicaps for each type of bike then?

V2 Aircooled pushrods - up to 1200

I4 watercooled 750 to 1000 - 75lb to 100lb lead tank bag

I3 Watercooled 1000 - must race triumph chassis

I4 Watercooled 600 - 30lb lead tank bag

V2 Watercooled 650 - no penalty

V2 Watercooled 1000 - 50lb lead tank bag

V2 Watercooled 750 to 1000 desmo - 30 lb to 55lb lead tank bag

Wouldnt it be much simpler just to set a cc limit and let the best motor / Chassis win?

If it wasnt for Ducati there wouldnt be any racing twins anymore. The RSV Mille, RC51, TLR only exist due to the handicap Ducati was given in WSB. Granted the TLR was a huge fumble from Suzuki, very cool bike but not competitive.

Buell has the pro thunder series, so you can race all your buell buddies and air cooled ducatis if memory serves. Maybe there should be a high performance twin series so Ducati can still play with the 999 next year.

But with superbike or supersport just set a CC limit and let the best config win. We know a V5 will be coming, Honda doesnt invest that much money for nothing. Either way we already know a new CBR1RR is out next year. Ducati is letting rumors fly that a V4 will be on the street soon. Kawi is rumored to have the zx1 (eboz let it slip in the post race this weekend that he'll be riding a kawi 1k next season). Yamaha will have the R1 sorted and ready to race. So everyone will be at the party, whats the problem?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Don't waste your breath Abe. It's obvious that none of these guys who think 600s are as good in street conditions as 1000s have ever ridden a 1000 in their lives.

My ancient GSX1100G, only 112 HP, 600lbs and an 11.4 quatermile time should be easily beaten by any new 110hp 600 with their listed test times in the high 10s, right?

Then why have I never failed to blow the doors off of every 600 I've had streerace me? Anyone who's ridden the two bikes will know the answer to that question.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Hard times for KPaul

Well, this test must have very mixed results for KPaul. They say the inline4 is now superior to the V-twin. This should make him happy.

However the test also states unequivocally that 600s have zero torque. This destroys his claims of massive midrange torque from his Ninja.

Since it's in a magazine, it's got to be true, right?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I thank you, sir.

The fourth daily meeting of the Mutual Admiration Society is hereby called to order.

Will the Secretary please recite our accomplishments?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: any takers?

Hehe. I haven't seen one of those in a while. Apparantly, all the old toys are coming back; G.I. Joe, Popples, Cabbage Patch Kids, Gund Bears, Care Bears, Huggy Bear, you name it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
>>A mediocre rider on a liter bike (for example) might able to as to go fast as an excellent rider on a 600 (for example) for the simple fact that he can pu$$y-foot through the corners, whack open the throttle, and make up for his poor cornering prowess on the straights.<<

Wow. I usually limit my posts to the lighthearted, but da*n, dude.

Me and my 650#, 85hp BMW GS just got back from a weekend of mountain riding where I dusted no fewer than four Gixxer thous, a handful of R1s, and a smattering of 29s/54s.

I am an average rider of limited experience (and amazing good looks).

Parking in the corners and afterburning the straights is precisely why these teenagers get blasted by old, hairy men on Beemers and old, fat men on Harleys. A mediocre rider on a big-displacement bike can manifestly NOT go faster than an excellent rider on a lesser machine. Unless it's the freeway. Which may help explain why the overall national life-span of a new YZF-R1 is about three weeks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Abe, my friend, you sound like a perfect candidate for a twin. Perhaps Sir would like to sample our fine Superhawk?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Longride, Buzglyd, and seruzawa are you listening to 5150boy

"I have a 20001 ZX6R..."

Cool. Imagine the technology. That thing must make, what? 450? 500bhp?

Nice to know that Kawi will have lasted that long, but I think you just blew your cover, there, Gary Seven. :)

Of course, in 20,001, Harley will have just celebrated its 18,098th Anniversary. They'll still weigh 700 pounds, but just think of how loud they'll be!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
MotoNASCAR

Weak argument man. 12er is right and you know it. Just put a CC limit and be done with it. No weights etc. You guys want something like NASCAR. Next you will want to regulate fairings like NASCAR regulates aerodynamics via spoilers, curves etc. Get out of here. Thank God MotoGP and the AMA doesn't go that way. But there is hope for you NASCAR fans, WSB is going to put restrictor plates on everything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
and even with the fastest bike, hes not even close to keeping up with rossi, biaggi, haga, or bayliss. dont get me wrong ...i dont have anything against nicky...who wouldve turned down that kind of money?...it just wouldve been great to see him duel mladin this yr.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Johnny.... you missed a great opportunity.

honestly, the problem is that this series you just described is called motogp. you want unlimited, watch that. you want (pseudo) street bikes dueling it out, yeah, you are going to have weird restrictions on bikes that are produced by a factory and not put out by a 24x7 race team.

sorry, but unlimited does not mean what you see on the street.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts