Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, Lawd! First the freakin' gorgeous new ZX-6R, than the drool-inspiring new R6, and now THIS???

What I wouldn't give to be 24 again, feeling immortal, with a 32" waist!

I envy the ***** outta' you young whipper-snappers!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah but I'll bet the insurance on a 24 year old on this machine would be about 50% of MSRP per year. It's life's cruel joke, when you have the time and ability, you don't have the money. When you get the money you're too busy working and having a family. When you get done working and finally have the cash for 60 year old spine can't take the torture rack ergos.

David

·
Registered
67 Posts
8 new models?

C'mon Honda's already completely overhauled the ST and the VFR and the 954 so there's no way they're getting more than BNG (bold new graphics). the CBR600 is one, the 919 is supposed to be getting a windscreen, that's two.

Wonder if they're finally updating the superhawk? Should be interesting to say the least.

Now stuff that injected RC51 motor into a naked frame and steal the thunder from the much anticipated SV1000.

David

·
Registered
780 Posts
Poor Ex-Replica Owners

All you guys with F2-4is are now orphans. Life's just not fair.

This offering is nourishing food for thought for all the "racing improves the breed" doubters out there.

Almost 3 extra inches of fore-and-aft weight transfer and probably like 3 effective inches lower CG! I sure want to see the next track test of this bike. Should be pretty close to the 954RR on the road and better at the track, actually; surely 125 shaft hp? And hey, Rossi looks really comfortable out there for 60 miles at a time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The new Yamaha R6, Honda F4RR or whatever, and Kawasaki ZX-6R are the most exciting bikes to hit this class since 1998. Given that it's the most exciting class of motorcycles going, that's something.

I just joined the ranks of 600 owners, though I bought a less-than-cutting-edge 600, a silver '03 YZF600R because I'm a fat old mouth breather who's into self pleasure to such a degree that he values comfort over performance. But even my old cow of a 600 is incredible fun. Given how good that old design is, this new crop of 600s should be unbelievable.

I don't know if I'd buy once, since I already have a 600, but when Yamaha adopts its aluminum casting technology to the R1, I might consider a two-sportbike garage. (Or if Honda updates the Superhawk...or if Suzuki doesn't screw the pooch and use crap suspension on the SV1000...or if Kawasaki makes the ZX-9R into the mother of all sport-tourers...)

I'm sure some of the new '03 models will disappoint, as did Honda's 954, 919 and Interceptor last year, but overall, things just keep getting better and better. If I didn't measure my life in coffee spoons, I might be tempted to use an exclaimation point.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase. The 600R is quite possibly the best 600 for the street and a pretty good bargain too. Comfy and way too much fun, enjoy!

Now this new Honda just made me forget that they released the info on the new R what? Six or something? This is the year for 600 shootouts, bring em on!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Subscription errors!

Off topic I know, but I keep getting emails notifying me that I have registered but not paid for subscription. I paid last December for what i assumed was one year. Is anyone else getting this? I already responded to MO's emails but they have not replied.....Is anyone home?....

Oh yeah, sweet bikes!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: '03 Honda? Oh baby but Kawa and R6 look better

I just hope the seat is softer than 02 model. Like the cleaner looks around the headlights and airintake (no more weird shaped inlets) Hope we will get a good slection of colors. But the racer boy graphics remain. I think Yamaha and Kawa are ahead of Honda on the styling though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not one, but two

Read again. The CBR600RR is a brand new model replacing nothing. The CBR600F.. continues as is in different forms around the world.

I'll be the "all new CBR600F5i" will be a streetier version of the F4i with easier ergos and like saddle bags.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Subscription errors! I'ts Burns fracking with you

Yes I received it I assumed it was johnnyB kicking me off about some comment I might of made about his writing. I am just ignoring it until I am kicked off.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
I agree with 12er. I bought a ZX-6R because I thought it was very comfy. But that is before I sat on a your bike. I think your bike is a great buy and it looks good too. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Subscription errors!

It's probably just because you had an account before MO went to sub then created a new subscribed account early this year. Don't worry about it, if you're happily subscribed and logged in now, you're fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hmmm... both of you are in the database as paid and your e-mail addresses weren't selected for the e-mailing...

Ah, I see, Huss has a legacy account that's not paid under the username "shaver", so you're getting the emails. I'll delete the old account.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: '03 Honda? Oh baby but Kawa and R6 look better

If they're really basing this bike on the RC211V styling has less to do with it then aerodynamics. The seat is probably as hard or harder; the one on the new 600F line will probably be more comfy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So what do you think the other 7 models will be?

There's bound to be a new CBR-XX. I just sold my '97, so that's an interesting category for me. The SuperHawk is older than the hills, so it's a good candidate for a new model.

I'd like to see Honda revise their street offerings. A 650 to compete with the SV would be cool. A replacement for the CB750 is long overdue as well.

That's only four. What could Honada do with their cruiser linup that would be interesting? What about the only dual purpose Honda - the XR650... wait a minute... that makes me think... do you suppose Honda will bring a giant trailie like the Varadero to catch some of that R1150GS, CapoNord, V-Strom money? That would be cool... there are a few NX650 and Transalp owners I know who would dig that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hey, I'm not complaining. It's the only way I can get a comely young vixen like Ashley to ever give someone like me the time of day. Makes me feel special somehow...

·
Registered
67 Posts
SV1000 is for REAL

http://216.239.39.120/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.moto-station.com/article.php%3Fsid%3D544&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dphp%2B%2Bjavasrcipts%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff[/url]

It's a french site translated to english. Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is cool.

David

·
Registered
9 Posts
Random RR contributions and teasing the girlie

Hmm, the question is, do I get a new '02 at a rate, or do I wait a couple of months and get the phat 600RR. That pipe is sweet, but it looks like I'll kill myself from the fumes when I relegate it to motorpace duty (hey, it's an all-arounder).

In a quest to be even crasser and shallower, I have another question. Is Ashley the chick from Ducati jacket photo a couple of months ago?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts