Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Check out the gearing!

Talk about close ratios! With a 150 lb rider it goes to 75 mph in 1st in 3 seconds with 1 G of grip. I figure it takes 580 lb of thrust to get it there and about 10% more than that is available in 1st. It won't power wheely in 2cd with the rider tucked.

Speed in gears:

1 75

2 95

3 115

4 135

5 155

6 172 all at 15,000 rpm shift points.

I'm assuming a 150 lb rider. Sorry, big guy.

· Registered
780 Posts
Correction to Check out the gearing!

Talk about close ratios! With a 150 lb rider it goes to 75 mph in 1st in 3.3 seconds with 1 G of grip. I figure it takes 580 lb of thrust to get it there and about 10% more than that is available in 1st. It won't power wheely in 2cd with the rider tucked.

Speed in gears:

1 75

2 95

3 115

4 135

5 155

6 172 all at 15,000 rpm shift points.

I'm assuming a 150 lb rider. Sorry, big guy.

· Registered
1 Posts
Honda has just brought the 600 class to it's knees........ Hey Honda! For Christmas please produce a 900cc five cylinder version for the street....... I smell bike of the year....... Great job Honda!......... From The man with the hysterical grin...... WW

· Registered
67 Posts
What is the freaking URL for that 2003 honda preview?

I assumed you could get to it off the main page but I did not find it. I know the secret password but I can't find the URL. Am I too early? I thought it was 9:30pm central.

David

· Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Re: What is the freaking URL for that 2003 honda preview?

According to the Honda website, they'll have their '03's (and a few '04 sneak peaks) on their site starting tomorrow. What a great year for new bikes so far!!!

· Registered
730 Posts
Re: NICKY HAYDEN TO GPS

No fookin' way. There is no way that Honda is running a factory team in the top flight class of racing with a non-Japanese rider. Torhu Ukawa will stay, they won't send him to the Fortune or Pons team.

--Foxy

· Registered
26 Posts
If they are the same referred to in Honda's 9-13-02 PR, the other bikes/vehicles are the Ruckus (scooter), an AquaTrax (pers. watercraft), Valkyrie Rune*, VTX 1300C*, CRF250R*, CFR250X*, and FourTrax Rancher AT*.

*early release 2004 models

If these are indeed the same 8, the Blackbird and SuperHawk may not be updated.

· Registered
18 Posts
The new R6 looks awesome and so does some of the pics I've seen from the new Honda 600 RR from the Honda UK site.

I currently own a ZX-6R and can't wait for Kawasaki to release their new one.

Man, what a great year this is going to be for the 600's. I want to ride them all.

· Registered
155 Posts
Teensy pictures look interesting, but I'm compelled to stay away from CBRs until the well-known cam-chain tensioner problems are definitively sorted out. Anyone know how much progress they've made on this, and whether the dealers are still mostly stonewalling about it all?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.