Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh just you wait!

We have great plans for you all in 2003! The theory around here is that merely beating the print mags at their own game by providing the tests and shootouts faster and better isn't enough. We want to focus on doing things they simply can't, basically more multimedia (videos, reams of photos) and more reader community features (online chats with racers, post your own photos & stories), etc. No promises on a timeline here. This is a work in progress but believe me when I tell you that this time next year you'll be stoked you spent the $11.94!

Eric Bass

·
Registered
334 Posts
Excellent ideas!

Ross,

I think you make some very insightful and sophisticated points! The good news is that you folks seem to feel as though we are doing a pretty good job so far. The better news is that there is still lots of room for improvement and we plan on improving a whole lot in 2003 and beyond. We always appreciate reader feedback, especially when people make a reasoned recommendation rather than just "MO sux" or something equally useless.

Just so that you know, there are a few obstacles to the kind of journalism you are proposing. First of all, few OEMs are willing to part with a bike for extended periods of time. A small number of test bikes gets circulated through all the media. Second of all we have this terrible problem around here in that there are usually 6-8 of the latest and greatest new test bikes stashed in our garage and only 4 of us to ride them. Tragic, I know! So frankly, we tend to lose interest in anything that's been here longer than a month or so. Honestly one of our greatest assets here is the astonishing depth of knowledge possesed by readers like yourself.

Do you think putting up BBS' devoted to individual OEMs or even popular models of bike would be valuable?

What about if we asked readers to identify what kinds of bike they own in their profile and then provide a searchable database so you can contact someone who owns a bike you are interested in?

Got any other bright ideas?

As far as the slow content month, we have a ton of stuff in the works and just got a little constipated. Don't worry, the Pepto Bismol is taking effect and you should be up to your waist in fresh stuff soon!

Eric Bass

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: How many weeks without new content and then this?

Hang tight amigo, we have a feature on Excelsior-Henderson coming any day now, a performance cruiser shootout on tap, and even (GASP!) an Indian test coming soon!

Eric Bass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts