Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
God**mnit!! You guys really suck! I'm takin' my Cheezy Poofs, and I'm goin' home!

I *did* just lay out for a new Adventure (traded a Road King for it, actually), and I am pissed.

Because now I'm reading that the dual-plug heads are going to fix the suging problem that BMW says doesn't exist. Then the dealer tells me that it's *only* for emissions, no power increase. But now this article is talking displacement increase, which means at least SOME more power, and probably more torque (always welcome in any bike, but especially a big trail bike).

"It's the same bike with two plugs per head, that's all" says the dealer. Now it's lighter, too? Any decrease in weight is really good on this bike.

And now the cat is in the can? (hehe)

Which makes it easy enough that I can take it off for fun, noise, power, and weight, but also easy enough to put back on for emissions-testing? And I can't have it? Yeah, I won't be trading my Adventure, because I just got it, and I owe to much on it. But damn, Man, had I known, I might very well have waited.

·
Registered
446 Posts
How is the HID lighting? It seems like the PIAA driving lights are almost standard equipment on GSs, especially the Adventure. I think they're cool, but I don't know how much good they'll do or if they're worth the money.

The Jessee bags also sem to be standard equipment for most GS owners, as well. But I'm definitely getting them...Jessee bags are cool.

And to the others: I would like to get a sporty bike to go along with my Adventure...oh, wait, I just dusted a 954 with it, nevermind. The Adventure makes me a better rider than I am otherwise. I thought I was getting pretty good with my Road King, but then I touched peg to pavement for the first time when I demo'd the GS. that's right, a demo ride. Now I grant you that the rider of the 954 must have been even more novice than myself, and that's quite a statement. He had a nice pipe so I could hear him missing his clutchless shifts.

Still, it felt good to me, blowing him off like that.

I did demo a Duck M620dark, last weekend. It felt light, quick, almost scary, damn uncomfortable, and almost as fun as my Adventure.

I must either be older than my 26 birthdays would indicate, or I'm a little girl.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, does 6'3" qualify as tall?

If yes, I wonder where the 'tall' qualifier cut-off is. And if no, why does my bra keep riding up like that?

·
Registered
446 Posts
So, wait. I just went:

883 Sporty--Road King--GS Adventure, from August '02-present.

And now you're saying E-Glide?!

Am I allowed to hate you, Buz?

Actually, I really have always liked the Road Glide, a lot.

I've got to be the only guy on the planet that changes bikes this quickly.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Drago.

It's Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.

Big German guy, indeed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts