Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did MO get this guy Bass??? There may be 100 words of actual information in this tome. Cut down the personal crap and give us information on the motorcycles. Otherwise your future as a motorcycle hack will be deservedly short.

·
Registered
441 Posts
An excellent, excellent narrative from the 220 pound bald, goateed, soggy, surly biker. It's 12:30 and finally my day is off to a good start.

As for the bike, it looks nice and it rides nicely. What else do you want from a cuiser... oh yeah, more noise. Probably get that from Yamaha's accessory line. What else do you need to know?

A lot of nice pics to complement the narrative, too. Well done, EBass.

Only next time get pics of the fem-bots, eh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
be nice, Badwinger! this is the first cruiser review in an eternity! Like it or not this site is a sportsbike site first and foremost. However, It would be nice to have an equivalent style of cruiser reporting that the MO guy in Italy does with the sportsbikes. IMHO the best cruiser reviews are the shootouts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stupid helmet

I just love this guy's riding gear. Why would I respect the opinion of someone who thinks his head is nothing more than a fashion statement?

Did I just call another motojournalist a poser? I think I did.

Evans

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Stupid helmet

What, you want him in a full-face helmet and full leathers on
a cruiser?

I agree with longride, it's best to just call EBass "sir" to his face... but it's fun to rib him when he can't get ahold of you... ;-)

·
Registered
473 Posts
i was all set to upchuck ...

your launch story of the K-LT a few years ago nearly made me vomit, so i was prepared to react similarly this time. but i like this new guy; liked the fleshed-out story, the humor, and the bike facts. the guy is a keeper. see if you can keep him around, okay?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, EBass!

I like your writing style, keep up the good work. It's good to read something about a favorite subject that has a sense of humor. While performance data and raw numbers are good, by themselves they become numbing.

If you were next to me, I'd give you a friendly kick in the ass for wearing an ice-cream bowl as a helmet. Your writing is evidence that you aren't stupid, so why the useless hat?

And a side note to Harley-Davidson....

Look at Yamaha's Star line. They make your bikes better than you do. Get on the bus, Gus.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great read..... Nice cruiser. Glad to see cruisers coming out of the dark ages with tubless tires. Now when is Yamaha going to fuel inject thier cruiser?

To the guy griping about performance data , hey its a cruiser, the "road Star" has never been classified "performance cruiser" thats the "warriors" job. I do like the fact that Yamaha sells performance goodies for thier cruisers. Some people just gots to have MO!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Entertaining and different. Nice job Eric. I gotta know something. Would you wear that helmet at all if Kalifornication law didn't make you wear the thing? No, says I.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: Stupid helmet

Just a DOT helmet that looks like it fits properly. After all, California has a helmet law.

BTW, Yamaha makes nice jackets with proper protection. So, his wimpy helmet seems to contradict the jacket, sturdy boots, and gloves. I don't think that he needed to built-in armor to beef up his appearance. (Although cameras are supposed to add 10 lbs.)

Evans

·
Registered
334 Posts
To my Guardian Angel . . .

. . . I will say this, "You are absolutely right".

I personally recommend that the most prudent choice for any rider, is to wear a full-face helmet at all times as well as other appropriate protective gear.

That having been said, I have never been accused of living my life prudently. When I want to feel the ocean breeze on my cheeks, or listen to the birds singing as I cruise an all but deserted country road, I just do, and that's my choice, and it's perfectly legal, and yes, when in states with no helmet law, I will sometimes do without altogether.

But thanks for your concern, and for being a better role model than I am. Your points are all quite valid. Then again, WWSBD?

Dust in the Wind,

EBass

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Great review loved these lines "The 15% hp increase, ooh, aah, zzzz. C'mon, let's face it, this is a pure cruiser, and fifteen percent faster than slow as molasses running uphill is still... slow. " and "Yamaha has produced a saddle that even Homer Simpson would be proud to call his own!" Great writing. Funny and entertaining. Loved the pictures too bad Yossef doesn't have the same photographer.

How much was this thing compared to a Harley? I think most folks like Homer Simpson wouldn't know the difference.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts