Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
i was all set to upchuck ...

your launch story of the K-LT a few years ago nearly made me vomit, so i was prepared to react similarly this time. but i like this new guy; liked the fleshed-out story, the humor, and the bike facts. the guy is a keeper. see if you can keep him around, okay?

·
Registered
473 Posts
all i can say is i continue to see more H-Ds parked on the side of the road than any other brand. i wish it weren't so because i sure do like their looks.

did you happen to catch "motorcycle mania 2" on the discovery channel, where jesse james' $60,000 chopper, sturgis bound, barely made it out of the los angeles city limits before it started to disintegrate? sad, very sad, that the motor company can't cure what ails it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
What exactly is the debatable issue?

let me guess ....

1) do helmets help protect you in an accident? certainly. only an imbecile would think otherwise.

2) does it feel good to ride without one on occassion? if you haven't tried it, don't knock it.

3) does the government have the right to dictate to you how much risk you should be allowed to take? i think not. requiring helmets is a slippery slope that could easily lead to horsepower limits and banning bikes altogether.

personally, i always wear a helmet. but that's my choice. please don't think that you or anyone else is the supreme authority on what is acceptable risk.

·
Registered
473 Posts
it was a big-inch twin assembled by patrick racing. the valve cover was solid billet and the engine blueprinted. a very impressive looking piece.

within a couple hundred miles the seat came flying off and one of the head bolts sheared. lucky for james he was being followed by a sag wagen fully equippmed with power tools. he had to heli-coil it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt ...

i wouldn't hit my dawg in the butt with one of those wretched beemer cruisers. don't get me wrong, i LIKE beemers. but the cruiser looks like george w. bush in drag.

·
Registered
473 Posts
dude ....

i go riding ALL THE TIME with hawg jockeys. don't try to tell me with a straight face they are as reliable as japanese bikes. even most of their owners will admit that they concede reliability in the name of hawg bliss.

i will say this about hawgs: they are by far the nicest looking, best-sounding cruisers. plus if i was a single man i might be tempted to buy one. they are definite chick magnets!

·
Registered
473 Posts
heh heh ...

i don't NEED to get over it. i don't have to ride one. if you've had good luck with yours, more power to ya. trundle on.

·
Registered
473 Posts
honestly, evans ..

you spouted:

"Since your actions affect not just your image but that of the rest of the riding public, I questioned why I should value your assessment of the Road Star when you didn't bother to wear a legal helmet. "

your comments raise a couple of questions/observations in my mind:

1) what makes you think anyone cares whether you value the road test?

2) it has been my observation that people who ride cruisers wearing beanies are at CONSIDERABLY lower risk than the average R1 organ donor wearing full racing gear on the street.

3) does your mommy know you are posting to the internet?

·
Registered
473 Posts
of course they don't ....

think about that for a sec. what manufacturer WOULD guarantee your safety in a crash, at any speed? answer: a manufacturer soon to be sued out of existance.

let's all agree on two fundamental facts:

1) in a crash at any given speed you are loads better off wearing a helmet.

2) you should have the right to decide whether to risk it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
CAN'T be the same guy, can it?

are we sure it's brasfield? if so ... amazing. i guess he got tired of reading his own rag.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: last time i checked ....

i'm agreeing. sorry to be unclear. i was halfway thinking of one of the other threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts