Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 164 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Please longride ...

Don't turn this into another helmet debate. Face it you losed the debate. Now get over it and buy a full face Shoei. You will have to shave your Sadam mustache to use a nose piece though :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great job EBass.

Normally a test on a cruiser truly fails to excite me, but I really enjoyed your rambling tale. Apparently there was a bike review in there somewhere too!

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not quite sure what this bike is trying to be. An update to a thoroughly boring metric cruiser is not noteworthy - certainly undeserving of much attention in a market totally dominated by HD. The ability to pick from 250 different customized doo-dads still leaves the same boring bike underneath.

For HD haters go buy the BMW R1200CLC. Ride something with some class and exclusivity with the underpinnings of a high-tech German road machine. Leave the HD's and metric cruisers for the rest of the herd...

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
KPaul is still 100%.....Wrong

No debate at all, just listen to Mr. Bass:

"That having been said, I have never been accused of living my life prudently. When I want to feel the ocean breeze on my cheeks, or listen to the birds singing as I cruise an all but deserted country road, I just do, and that's my choice, and it's perfectly legal, and yes, when in states with no helmet law, I will sometimes do without altogether."

Isn't that something?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah, nice job, Mr. Bass. I never thought I'd get so much enjoyment out of reading about another stinkin' cruiser, but your eloquent and humorous writing-style scored some major points. As for the "dudes" who only care about the numbers, they'll grow up someday and smell that fresh sea air too...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: To my Guardian Angel . . .

Nice reply ebass. I don't like being told what I should and should not do either. I'll bet these guys don't appreciate it much, but they are willing to push their critique on you.

Nice bike, but I am having trpouble getting past that breather cover. Is it as big as it looks?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Know any other manufacturer who's able to build those features into their bikes? Yep, BMW has cornered the market on high tech!

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Indeed the artfull way one must preload the shifter to enable the machine to clunk into gear is an experience to be reserved for the truly classy!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ya know, I was starting to think the same thing. Lots of hi-techy stuff (least it sounds hi-techy). Still, the H-D thang........

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Look at Yamaha's Star line. They make your bikes better than you do. Get on the bus, Gus."

I hope you are in no way implying that this Japanese manufacturer, is in any way, copying the style, or substance, of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Shame on you.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My Roadstar was without a doubt the most worthless, POS, hunk of [email protected] I ever plunked down 11 grand for, it spent more time in the shop than on the road.

On the other hand my 3 year old HD with many tens of thousands of miles on it has been down for the count...oh...let me think...yeah that's it......NEVER.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Re: Stupid helmet

Evans? THE Evans Brasfield?

Anyhow, it makes me smile when people pontificate about riding without a DOT or even with no helmet. Lets face it motorcycling is inherently dangerous. The helmet manufacturers themselves say that if you wreck over 30 miles an hour, then all they're good for is clean-up (as in "hey, I've found his head AND it's in its own little no mess carry-container.)

Lets stick to the bike in question shall we and let Mr. Bass wear what the hell he likes.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Entertaining article, thanks EBass. The feedback was part of the show. The two reasons I love MO don't ya know?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Helmet Smellmut

Everybody worrying about the helmet. Chances are everyone that carries on about what protective gear a person dons is out breaking speed limit laws everyday. If you want to cast stones then make sure that you are not throwing the boomerang variety.

21 - 40 of 164 Posts