Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The more things change.....BMW is still beta testing on customers, motoscribes are still polarized about them and the Roundel faithful won't give a rat's rear about any opinions outside of ON or OTL INTEL. And they will be mostly right in the long run - that is; right IF you are a Roundel Head.

Funny thing about BMW's and HD's: they really bring the strong opinions out of the woodwork.

A good point was made about waiting a couple of years. BMW is soooo slow to fix the little glitches. Sometimes they never fix them...whonky paralever splines, unphased U-joints, weak Type 247 charging, 249 Series surging...on and on. But then the aftermarket has fixes for most of that stuff.

Which brings me to the bottom line: as many a moto journalist has pointed out before - Euro bikes need you. They need you to well, finish them. Doing that well is a rewarding experience IF you like that sort of thing. Me? Been there and done that. Maybe I'll go back again and maybe not.

Good review. I do appreciate being able to grid in writers likes, dislikes. Helps the ole bs filter work better.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: Fritz never learns...

We just watched Team America the other night, too. It has been a long, long time since we laughed that hard at a movie. In the DVD extras, Matt or Trey (I forget which) just took off on actors in general ("they are all turds") and Jerry Bruckheimer movies in specific. Can you picture the SouthPark crazies remaking "Armageddon" with puppets?

BUWAAA HAAAAA!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: Fritz never learns...

We were trying to munch popcorn when that scene started. I was choking chunks while laughing....a FIRST! for me.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
And while you are trying to figure out how to configure a windsock for your mics, hows about logging onto J&R - or something similar - and getting a consumer grade steadycam thingie. Last time I looked, they were bout $500 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts