Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Two years ago at their dealer meeting in Las Vegas, with much fanfare, Suzuki announced that they were forming the Boulevard brand for their line of cruiser motorcycles to separate their cruisers from the Suzuki name, and to promote the Boulevard line to build brand awareness and a thematic identity."

What's new? They just need to borrow some of the psudo-toughs from the Star brand ads, throw the word "Classic" on a few bikes and they are set. "Brand identity" in a box. V-twins and the tough guy lifestyle. Everything the Japanese manufacturers hated about Harley is now their calling card. Amazing.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
It looks like a pretty cool bike. It's just that marketing hype that drives me nuts. I'm sure Suzuki can make motorcycles without resorting to the smoke-and-mirrors Boulevard brand.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
They market this thing as a Hayabusa tech cruiser. How about a REAL Busa engine in this package? Now THAT would be fuggin cool. Or slip an inline 6 or V-6 into the new Busa. I'm all over that. Enough with the new brand name marketing hype crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts