Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
New V-Max is not going to change anything. The venerable 20 year old maxxer has always had more hp, more torq and less weight than V-Rod.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Still a Harley clone.

I have a nice fat boy but I am certainly not staying with Harley. I recognize and cherish the fact it holds up the value better than others, and has also more appreciated brand. But its not enough.

For me the lack of performance has become the killer. Although it has just as much power as it had when I bought it in 2002, the world has moved on. The relative performance has changed gradually from "barely enough" to "painfully inadequate". Its not that I need to drag race VTXs, but every time I twist the throttle I know I am getting it pretty lame. Of course, I could start a project to get 95 hp on the rear wheel. But why to go there with a big struggle, cost and risk if the competition is already there? If someone finds an answer to this I´d be happy to stick to H-D.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: No, YOU're missing the point

What do you mean "If I wanted to ride sh*t, I would have bought sh*t"? Considering that V-Rod is heavier and has less torque and less power than 20 yr old V-Max, you did exactly that.

- cruiz-euro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts