Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: No Rice

Wrong again sunshine - I never posted that.

LOL - actually I ride several Harleys. All very real Harleys ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
A full-page ad in one of the rags probably costs them $10,000 .... That would go a long way toward doing a proper press intro ....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Suzuki missing the point ...

hey maybe you should try a buell blast, I think that v-thingy is to much.

I am just joshing you by the way.

I think my last ticket was in 1999 for not having proof of insurance, and it got dropped at court. plus I was in a cage with the talelights out. I am glad you didn't see that one I'm sure you would have pulled over right there and called the cops. because you would not call on a cell phone while driving, not very safe. I am sure you wouldn't just pull over to the emergancy lane too, to scary.

By the way i've never gotten a speeding ticket in the twenty odd years I've been driving. My gs1100 is manly for the 1/4 mile, but it is street leagal.

·
Registered
780 Posts

I never take posts serious on this BB … not really anyway ;-)

About a decade ago my niece was killed crossing the road by a biker going way too fast. So now I always call in if I see folks going crazy on the road.

Nah, I couldn’t be bothered with broken taillight out or sh*t like that. That don’t kill folks.

The idiots going flat out with no concern of other road users really rub me the wrong way though. Good thing I do not have right to carry otherwise I may not need the cell much …

·
Registered
73 Posts
I knew something was up w/ that "review".

It was so phony and ad-copyish that I couldn't finish, and now I see why. A bought and paid for write up like this passed off as an objective review could easily work against Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Judging by the fact that you implied that all Japanese bikes are "sh#t," I think it's a fairly accurate inference to assume you believe Harleys are superior to all other bikes--or at least those of Japanese origin. Hence the assumption of the "real bike" attitude, which is common with many vocal H-D owners.

Actually, I think the poster reads very well. Reading, and, most important, understanding, really means grasping the intent of the writer. I think he read you loud and clear.

If you'd rather play symantic and pedantic games to defend (disguise) your opinions, feel free.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Ever have a couple beers when you ride to those bars?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Nice one Doc Holiday. Seems your hypocracy knows no limit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I bought a silver one. You can ask me any questions you want and I'll give you the low-down. Hey MO, I'll do the guest editor thing if you want. I can have an article to you in a couple days and it won't be ad copy. I knew something smelled funny when I read yours. Sorry to hear Suzuki snubbed you. I strongly rely on you guys and I've been waiting for your impressions. Couldn't wait any longer though as the bikes are in pretty limited distribution. I sold my ZX-10R and old Honda Magna to buy it. One glaring correction I'll make for now is that ground clearance IS an issue. Granted, I've only dragged the peg feelers, but that can still be disconcerting to some. It was fun doing though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Also, in response to Tigercub and the M109R riding position - the riding position is surprisingly standard, even with the pegs forward. It has everything to do with the seat/bar relationship. I'm 6'1", so I have some options when sitting on it. I can slouch and lean against the back of the seat putting pressure on my tailbone, or I can rotate forward and do a Ben Spies imitation going through the twisties and distribute my weight evenly across my buns and thighs. Overall, it's quite neutral and pleasant.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
That's the hell of it, Suzuki makes some stunningly excellent bikes, why do they feel the need to copy someone else in their styling cues and advertising?

Next thing you know they'll come out with a "Shriekin' Falcon" line of performance parts....

·
Registered
514 Posts

"My point exactly. Doing excessive speed on public road endangers the lives of other folks using said roads."

That is the truth and I must confess I've been guilty of exactly that sort of behaviour...

a couple weeks ago out at Skaggs Springs Road I way overcooked it into a blind corner (west of the bridge)... ended up going around the corner on the verge of low siding and using up more than my fair share of the road.

Luckily for me Cletus and his F-250 were not coming the other way... this day it was Cletus and his wife on their 700 lb Hardly-Ableson. The Harly-Ableson may be a poor excuse for a motor vehicle but it uses marginally less room than an F-250 so this day I was able to engage in a little impromptu lane sharing.... we passed so close to each other we would have hit if I hadn't had the Ducati leaned over so far.

Because they were wearing those little k00k beanie helmets I was able to get a moments glance at their faces as I went past... they were so spooked they didn't know whether to $hit or go blind.

So anyhow I definitely ruined their day and probably their Genuine Harley Davidson (tm) undershorts with my reckless speeding.

I am truly sorry, I guess people like me need the law dawgs called on us or else we'll ruin it for everyone.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Why is that funny?

Why do you think it's funny? You were riding over your head beyond your abilities, couldn't keep it in your lane and almost hit some who was out enjoying a ride. Then you laugh about the look on their faces.

You're a phuckin' punk, next time lets hope it is ol' Cletus in his log truck who's laughing about the Ducati riding ******* he had to scrape off the grill.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: '06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R packaged test

I thought it was less filling, and tasted great.

Urp. 'Scuse me.

41 - 60 of 118 Posts