Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Great writeup Pete. You got me all fired up now and want a new Ninja for The Race. I'll take one in black. Can't wait till the middle weight shoot out. Ninja has no steering damper vs. the 600 RR electronic model. The RR has no slipper clutch vs the Ninjas.. Jingle Bells Jingle bells Jingle all the way Oh what fun it is to ride on a Ninja all day

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Short rebuttal

*Largest deficits ever will drive rates up not down. i.e. the Government competes with private industry and consumers for credit.

*Largest home ownership during Clinton years due to balance budgets causing lower interest rates. Now folks are paying off their mortgages thus increasing their wealth. Has nothing to do with Bush.

*V-4 will be the next thing in high end sport bikes first then will trickle down. Hell its history repeating itself VFR, Magnum, VMax, ST1300, already are V-4s so that kind po pos your logic..

There is only one GMP

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Your post has nothing to do with motorcycles but..

Trust me interest ratews will rise to near record levels eventually. Don't tell me you think there is no relation to budget deficits and interest rates? or deficits don't matter. W hasn't stopped borrowing that is why we haven't felt it yet. Unlike longride who believes the economy has "natural cycles like the seasons", having taken 7 classes in economics I can tell you that the economy is the biggest man made machine in history. Like any machine it has a control system ran by the government via fiscal policy (taxes and government spending) and monetary policy (federal reserve discount rate, reserve requirement, and open market buying and selling of government debt)

W the quintessential rich brat who gets into trouble and then has his dad bail him out. Jim Baker as his daddy's buddy is there to pick up the pieces in Iraq.

Baker even told W his fiscal policy is all wrong.. Baker knows something about that as well. Read more stuff by Alan Greenspan and others

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Short rebuttal

6' 220 lbs.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

Yes I have gained a few pounds this year and last year I am trying to get down to 200 pounds at least for the race. Doc says I need to be down to 180 ideally. Which is what I weighed when I graduated college in 1988.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: Your post has nothing to do with motorcycles but..

Actually Bush Sr started the correction caused by the boondoggle Reagan supply side economics. Remember "voodoo" supply side economics and Bush Sr and his no new taxes thing. Well Bush sr. did the right thing but paid for it and the economy was hurt in the short term but in the long run the move to balanced budgets led to lower interest rates.. But there is a time lag i.e. inputs from the federal government take awhile to affect change SO as the budget balancing continued the economy improved> the reverse will come true in the future

·
Banned
3,775 Posts

a little but I am but I have pretty good size chest due to my previous weight lifting.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
LOL Good one (seriously)...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Stay the course says the GPTB. Long live the greatest value in the industry sez kpaul

Yep according to W's Weasels of the GPTB you would never buy a new bike.. seruzawa has screamed the same comment on every sportbike review, every year for the past 5 years. That's a lot of screaming.

You make a great point about the insurance. Also when I sat on the 06 I hated where the edge of the windscreen obscured the weird tach and speedometer. Hopefully all of that is fixed on the 07.

Change is good... Long live the greatest bang for the buck in the motorcycle industry the 600 cc sportbike

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
One more try Here is conclusive proof of kpaul's thesis

Todays lesson: Rate of change i.e. the derivative and lagging effects of budge deficits.

[*]The rate of change:

---Take a look at this graph from your link

National Average Contract Mortgage Rate, 1963 - 2005:

Notice the steep increases and decreases

[*] Item 1. 1964 The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution... started deficit spending in the modern era

[*]Item 2: By the end of the war interest rates had gone up 50%....why you ask? deficit spending is the reason

[*]Item 3: Deficits increase during the 70s and early 80s Notice the jump during Reagan years (vodoo economics)and the corresponding jump in rates following a time lag

[*] Item 4 The economy start to stalls out during the last 4 years of the Reagan years. Another shot of vodoo economics during the last couple years of the Reagan admin (kpauls thesis that vodoo economics produces a boom bust bipolar cycle i.e no sustained growt

[*]Item 5: Bush Sr. starts balancing the budget with the Budget in 1990.. After a lag rates decrease

[*]Item 6: Clinton gets in cotinues budget deficit reduction on the advice of Paul Rueben Treasury Sectury the rest is history

Look at the graph of deficits vs the mortgage rates now and predict what you think will happen.

kpaul says rates will rise like after the Veitnam war.. i.e a time lag will screw the next president who will have deal with the mess like Bush Sr.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: One more try Here is conclusive proof of kpaul's thesis

No you are confused. i.e your mixing up cause and effect. Budget deficits cause higher interest rates not the other way around. look at the budget deficit graph then look at the interest rate graph.. . rates are lower (I bet you didn't look at that).

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Do me a favor go to school, take an Econ class and don't go off-topic again

Hey dude if you look at the graph you will see that rates are rising again. You started this off-topicconversation, I think I showed extreme patience in trying to explain Freshman econ to you. Now do me a favor don't bring this up again on MO and take some Econ classes. Some day you will realize I am right. As far Buz punching me in the mouth. That pretty BS little rich kid won't even come close. . He says his dad was firefighter but I am starting doubt that.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent Post, Sorry ericrosten

I am sorry for taking the bait. It obvious that 99% of MOs don't want to read this and the GPTB refuse to educate themselves in Freshman economics.

Again I agree with you and I am sorry for my hand in this.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: One more try Here is conclusive proof of kpaul's thesis

Thanks for the reminder... Now Buz is threatening violence as well.. Yep longride was so interested in knowing exactly where I lived etc. As a side note I love how this guy got charged with unlawful wounding like there is lawful wounding. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts