Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
And I doth quote: "In 1996, Congress passed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which prohibits companies from denying access to employer-sponsored health insurance for motorcyclists and those who participate in other recreational activities. However, federal regulators created a loophole that allows the denial of benefits for injuries sustained while recreating."

Here is a PERFECT example of how government interference created the problem in the first place. Much as with Medicare, Medi-Cal, Mediscam, etc. - Government involvement does nothing but increase the cost to the private sector, i.e you n'me. This effort will only add another layer of confusion, and inevitably another level of cost. Remember, the consumer ALWAYS absorbs the cost, one way or another.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To quote yourself ferb, "What a bunch of crap."!

To say that the Constitution changes with society is absolutely insane. So, according to your line of thought, freedom of speech as interpreted in today's society means we don't say anything that could be construed as anti-politically-correct. Words mean what they mean. They are quite literal. The framers, if anything, specifically stated their intent so certain rights could NOT be re-interpreted as meaning something else.

The left-wing of this country is doing their best to eliminate the right to bear arms, the right to say certain things that they deem "offensive", the right to eliminate our private property rights all thru "interpretation" in the liberal courts. If anyone has the ability to interpret, it's the Supreme Court.

Read the Federalist Papers sometime if you want to know their intent. Quite refreshing!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts