Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Earth to H-D . . .

. . . come in H-D . . .

I don't ever recall seeing an H-D ad on MO. I saw a V-Rod commercial on a WNBA game a month or two back though. A F'in WNBA GAME!!! As a former ad exec, I can't help paying attention to these things. I was rolling! How the hell did those rocket scientists come to the conclusion that there were more potential Hog buyers watching a WNBA game than reading MO? Are they going after the six-foot tall lesbian target demographic or something?

I can only conclude that KPaul is somehow involved in this lunacy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Earth to H-D . . .

Dude,

That was way too thoughtful a deconstruction of H-D's market strategy for a guy named "TatdNPrcd"! Willie G, is that you?

BTW kudos to Mrs. TatdNPrcd, both for having the gumption to pilot a Road Glide and for recognizing what a silly bunch of buffoons we all are!

Upon further consideration, I wouldn't say that six foot tall lesbians aren't a viable target of opprtunity for H-D. I've seen more than a few now that I think about it. Somehow though, I can't see too many teen aged girls and their Moms rushing out to drop $17K on a V-Rod.

For what it's worth, MO is merely the biggest and best motorcycle website going, and might be a higher priority on their marketing to do list than running commercials on WNBA games. Is this really a debateable point, or did I smoke too much crack during my "Robert Downey Jr. era"?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts