Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: I had this much throttle left.

Fascinating.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: It ain't legal

"If racing bikes drive streetbike sales then where were all the two-stroke sport street bikes during the 80's and 90's?"

Aw, c'mon, just go down to your local Honda dealership and check out the RC211V's. Better hurry, though, before those cool V5's are replaced by the even-cooler 800cc-V4's.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Yes, Mr. Spock. It IS.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Yeah, the new RC212V is gonna just LEAP out of the showrooms and take over the street........

·
Registered
5,030 Posts

"opened the hood, pulled off the air cleaner and shoved a screwdriver into the carb to hold open the choke plate."

ROFL! Been there! The choke-hold-opening screwdriver was standard issue back then.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

You know, a Carter AVS with an electric choke would have cured that hotstart problem native to the Rochester Quadrajunk..........

;^D

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

Yeah. Or just a plain old fashioned manual choke. Remember those?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

But still they were a very small part of the market. Racing just isn't that important to the vast majority of motorcyclists. Just look at how little interest racing threads get on MO for example.

Buying a bike because the manufacturer won some racing series is about as smart as buying a car because the manufacturer won NASCAR.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

But it still didn't "Fix" the Rochester..........

·
Registered
7 Posts
That torque number is about the most impressive engine stat since, since, ..... well I can't think of one. OK, wait, when the flyweight '04 ZX-10R went over 160 HP that was impressive too.

WHEEEEELLLLIIIEEEEEE!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ahh...I see. Thanks! I still want an S2R but that 1098s looks incredible and sounds better. I just don't think the full blown super-sport bike thing is for me, I think I'm still too new and I don't think I'd enjoy the riding position. But I'm glad that Ducati is taking steps to increase their market share.

JQ

21 - 36 of 36 Posts