Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well, yes, someone did, but I don't remember who. Whoever it was said that Ducati would never be eliminated from professional racing if they wanted to compete.

It's fine with me. Racing classes are just arbitrary inventions anyhow.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Me?

Seriously, a 1200cc modern sportin' twin could be a blast on the street. I'm glad that it looks like it'll get into World Superbike as a more production based bike, competition improves the breed.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Curiously, a UK Honda rep commented that they're happy with the BSB rule changes. Although, there's a least three other factories that are more than capable of sniveling, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Wonder what it'll cost. If history is any indication, the 1098R will cost a bundle and I'm sure the RC8 won't be moderately priced, either, although I'm sure significantly less than the Duc.

The higher homologation numbers are the only thing that might keep the costs down a bit. Obviously, they're intended to try to eliminate the famed homologation specials.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: So doesn't this make the Ducati 1098 outdated???

If you can afford the 1098R, I suppose.

(By the way, "1098" doesn't really refer to the engine displacement. It was intended to show the evolution of the "9" series and "98" was chosen because it recalls the 998 and not the 999.)

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
The GMP Predicts and......

Oh WAIT! - missed that'n too!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: So doesn't this make the Ducati 1098 outdated???

I think they were also going for a countdown-to-blastoff thing - "TEN...NINE...EIGHT..."

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
time to dust off the '73 electra glide and have at 'em...

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
"27 jigger"

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
"40.5 shot" (or "pony"!)

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
and maybe a single crankpin & two desmodronic /pushrod activated overhead valves for all us purists.

·
Registered
155 Posts
just goes to show how much bsb has become the feeder school into wsb ..excepting motogp guys moving backwards into it..

bsb has always been a very competitive championship with a lot of teams getting full factory support, obviously wsb seems to feel what happens there is worth paying a lot of attention to

once they keep it within some kind of equality, which is probably hard to do but i dont want to see any 1600cc thumpers out there or 8 cylinder mobile chicanes stinking up the track!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Well obviously the WSB is getting some under the table compensation from Ducati. WSB was the Ducati cup until inline 4s got a fair shake. While you guys were here whining about things I was out on nice long ride (no pun intended) Met up with a rider on a new ZX-6R definitely a good rider blew past me I could of kept up but my radar detector was going off sure enough state trooper. When I got gas at Morton the rider pulled up. Off came the helmet and it was a women in her late 20s early 30s I suspect, blonde, lean and very attractive.. Talk about a turn on. Tight fitting leathers. Think I need another wife i.e a riding wife.. like the TV character Doug on King of Queens. I need a flying wife too..

kpaul sez bigger isn't better WSB go to 800 cc for fours and 1000's on Triples and twins.. the V-4s will win anyway. Bigger displacement is just an excuse for lazy engineering Ducati.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts