Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Curiously, a UK Honda rep commented that they're happy with the BSB rule changes. Although, there's a least three other factories that are more than capable of sniveling, I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Wonder what it'll cost. If history is any indication, the 1098R will cost a bundle and I'm sure the RC8 won't be moderately priced, either, although I'm sure significantly less than the Duc.

The higher homologation numbers are the only thing that might keep the costs down a bit. Obviously, they're intended to try to eliminate the famed homologation specials.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: So doesn't this make the Ducati 1098 outdated???

If you can afford the 1098R, I suppose.

(By the way, "1098" doesn't really refer to the engine displacement. It was intended to show the evolution of the "9" series and "98" was chosen because it recalls the 998 and not the 999.)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
There's no money under the table. I'm sure that all of the manufacturers realize that having Ducati--and now KTM--in the series is good for the health of WSBK, especially since there is so much focus on Europe.

Your 800cc "plan" makes no sense. You still have a 200cc difference. You think the Big Four wants to create new 800cc models when their literbikes sell and race well already? Why the hell would they want to do that?

You've got the tail wagging the dog again, genius. Did you forget that racing exists to develop and market bikes for the consumer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts