Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
The annual "bring your bailing wire/60 wt./vice grips" to work day?

And an extra Tillotston, for when the stock one falls off on the freeway, and gets run over by an 18 wheeler.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
That's me every day.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Ride to work, work to ride...or is that work to ride, ride to work? Maybe ride a works bike? Damn, spilled the bong again...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Better not be a Volvo...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Kind of like a really big Cushman Super Eagle.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Good point...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
And the hubs filled with what? Gin?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Actually, the Super Eagle was pretty fast. Top end was about 55, and with those 8 in. wheels, rigid frame, and crabbed-in forks, you could really eat it big.

It had 10.1 compression, a bigger lawnmower Tillotson, big cam, and can be identified by the compression release built into the head.

Cushman was a division of Outboard Marine Corp (OMC), and incorporated many marine touches to the power plant. A tapered roller bearing crankshaft, pressurized con rod bearing, and piston cooler (oil pump sprayed a jet of oil on the wrist-pin, & underside of piston, at TDC) were standard items.

The Elvis outfit was an option.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: I hate to admit it..........

Well, thank God Volvo doesn't make a mini-van (yet). That double-violation of all things sacred, would have condemned you to some sort of motorcycle purgatory, where they all ride Allstate Twingles.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Kind of odd, that right after I knock over the bong, an MO reader with the handle of "narco traficante" would reply....ok pal, who are you working for? The Fat Man?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: I hate to admit it..........

..Yeah, my house is "battleship gray". I had a hard time convincing the old lady on that choice of color. With white trim, it looks like a big liberty boat.

Now if I could just get the shower to squirt out scalding hot JP5, every once and a while.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Sweepers, sweepers....

Maybe you could have some kind of intercom, announce the fated "Sweepers Sweepers" message to your passengers.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Departing....

...ding ding....ding ding....

Remember the big escalator, on the port side, aft, going from the mess deck, to the 01 level?

That's what I had to sweep, when I was in 1st Leuy.

The escalator never worked, btw.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: CVA62

You got to go on the I.O. cruise then, I missed that one, my E.O.S. was Nov. 5, 1980.

Blackshoe, eh?

I made 2 Med's on the Indy (Naples, Naples, Naples). 2 Carrabex's (Gitmo, Gitmo, Gitmo). The Indy crossed the Equator, in late 1980, right?

Sons of Neptune, where all the chiefs got to act real strange. And wear their skivies around the mess deck.

Ha, I'm wearing my Indy belt buckle as we speak (type?). You can take a man out of the Navy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts