Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: I hate to admit it..........

C'mon now, I have a mini-van, it's even a Chevy.

I do have 'Murican Racing wheels and a Triumph Motorcycles sticker on the back. It's even gray, reminds me of the Indy.

I agree with the other guy, since I ride to work every day I should just drive to be contrary.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Kind of odd, that right after I knock over the bong, an MO reader with the handle of "narco traficante" would reply....ok pal, who are you working for? The Fat Man?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

..Yeah, my house is "battleship gray". I had a hard time convincing the old lady on that choice of color. With white trim, it looks like a big liberty boat.

Now if I could just get the shower to squirt out scalding hot JP5, every once and a while.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

Sarnali, didja paint a big "62" on either side of the snout?

I suppose you can't toss your trash out the left rear window, can you?

Different subject... The Rocket III is here! Several are already on the street! I can't wait to hear one with "off-road" pipes, man-o-man.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Sponson 8 is open

I have to toss the trash bags out of my drivers window, I make sure I put a hole in them first.

I haven't hit any hammerheads lately, but I came close to a Goldwing.

The R111 is a monster, Did you get one?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Sweepers, sweepers....

Maybe you could have some kind of intercom, announce the fated "Sweepers Sweepers" message to your passengers.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Sweepers, sweepers....

Thats what I tell my kids when I want them to sweep up and vacuum

When we go somewhere I yell "Make ready the sea and anchor detail"and say "Taylor, departing."

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Departing....

...ding ding....ding ding....

Remember the big escalator, on the port side, aft, going from the mess deck, to the 01 level?

That's what I had to sweep, when I was in 1st Leuy.

The escalator never worked, btw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Speak for yourself.... Here in Dallas where it's been getting up to 100 degrees in the afternoon each day, the summer is actually one of the less pleasant times of year to ride to work. I'm more likely to ride to work in the spring and fall when the weather is nicer than in the summer here. I'll be out there on the 21st though. I've got a new Camelbak that's supposed to come in the mail today that will hopefully make it more fun for the rest of the summer, too.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Departing....

I was on her from 78-82, and I don't think those escalators escalated 20% of the time I was there.

'Course, Auxiliaries Division owned them and Airedales used them...

I was in Engineering for two of those years; it was a while before I didn't jump whenever the lights dimmed anywhere I happened to be.

I tell folks I'd never trade that experience, but then again, I don't ever want to do that again.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Sponson 8 is open

The local dealership has sold one and has another inbound. I really want to hear one, especially with the "offroad" pipes.

I'll not be getting one, I like my Sprint ST waay too much.

Now I'm lusting after a PowerMax underseat exhaust.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.