Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, just visiting and I am a GL1800 rider but I am curious about the BMW 1600. My wife rides two up with me almost 100% of the time I am on the bike. We pull a trailer 100% of the time and are fairly long distance riders. Looking at the power/torque specs for the 1600 I am curious as to the frame as to whether a trailer hitch would be possible to install.
I know nothing about BMW's so thanks for any information.

Dan

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
BMW will not endorse a trailer hitch on their bike due to liability concerns, but it's possible the aftermarket will make one anyway. There are trailer hitches for GS bikes that bypass the single-sided swingarm and connect up right behind the engine.

A sidecar would be a lot cooler.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
You fly a MD11, and you ride a 'Wing, dragging a trailer?

What's the family car, a Kenworth?

Dude, you need to learn to pack a bit lighter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not me...it is the BOSS. The trailer is extremely convenient for travel and is the lowest drag coefficient out there. We have three grand kids so we are always carrying stuff for them. No, the family car is a Suburban and to my thinking it should be the smallest four wheel vehicle allowed on the road. :)
I do want a Ford F 250 though.

Honda does not endorse a trailer or hitch either but reality being what it is and people taking long trips (one couple I know of left their house on a two week trip that turned into a one year long motorcycle trip) then trailers are almost necessary. Mine, a Tail Wind, has an onboard battery, lights, 65 PSI air pump with a 25 foot hose and the electrical system is isolated from the bike so it will not run down the bikes system if I leave the lights on. 24 cubic feet and my mpg's went down less than 1 mpg pulling it.

You fly a MD11, and you ride a 'Wing, dragging a trailer?

What's the family car, a Kenworth?

Dude, you need to learn to pack a bit lighter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.