Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
You know.. in the early 1900's we had some great minds out there. Men had gumption. Edison... Tesla... Curtiss... Men with brains, and the balls to try something that everyone said couldn't be done.

One wonders what changed in society... for it certainly seems that we are no longer capable of producing such men.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This administrations contempt for the constitution, is no greater than many to come before it. The most egregious violators being Lincoln and FDR.

Truely the s***** of the earth.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Really? No one hated america before 2000 huh? When exactly was the Cole bombed? And how many hostages did Iran take in 1979? What about those embassy bombings back in the 80s? Or the first time the Trade Center was bombed?

I guess somehow Bush invented all that too huh?

This is what I love about liberals... They have not the slightest grasp on history... or economics for that matter... but that's another story.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't have to admit it... I've already shouted it from the roof of my house.

If a democrat was president when the un-patriot act was passed, the republicans would be screaming for revolt. But it was an elephant..

Republicans don't mind giving up liberty, as long as their team gets to keep power.

idiots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't see us burning kids in iraq. I just see us using iraq as an excuse to burn our constitution... well.. what's left of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Tesla and Eddison were famous in their day. Not just in ours. We have some wild stuff going on right now... like the guy out in arizona building his own space craft... but not like it was back then. When I look around... I see no inovation.. I only see sloth...

But then... I'm stuck in West Virginia.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Actually yes. All wars carried on without a declaration of war by Congress have been, and are, illegal.

The Constitution was not written to be used in good times and ignored in the bad. It was written for the bad. These illegal circumventions have lead to repeated unspeakable strife and harm.

The War Powers Act must be repealed. Until it is, we live in a dictatorship.

Ok.. I'll get off the soap-box now.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If a soldier is in fear for his life... scratch that... if anyone is in fear for their life, and they kill someone to prevent their own death... I have no problem with that. Least of all a soldier in a war zone.

Considering how much more humane war is now, compared to say, wwII or Korea, I really don't worry about iraqi citizens.

The trouble over there is simple. We're trying to build one nation, where there exists 3 seperate cultures and peoples with 3 wholly incompatible lifestyles, cultures, and beliefs systems. It's the kind of country that could only be held together by brutal force.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts