Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I don't care what it's worth. If you're not going to run it, it might as well be carved from a block of wood.

No Italian worth his salt would ever let something like this sit silent.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The boy is going to Sea World tomrorow with his buddies so I get to take a nice long ride on the Geezer. I'm just making sure I have the proper attitude and grimace.

Should I grow a goatee?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The IMSA GTP cars of the mid 80s were awesome! We used to have a race here in Del Mar. The sound of a 4 rotor Mazda wailing by had to be heard to be believed. A swarm of bees on steroids for sure.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I've got that right now!

Although usually when I ride the geezer I make sure I'm clean-shaven so I don't get mistaken for a "Harley guy."

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I agree. Maybe it will be "worth something" someday.

Based on this man's age he will likely be dead when that happens. I would not want to go to my grave knowing I never rode that thing.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The Porsches weren't winning when I saw the races. It was just at the tail end of the Nissan GTP winning streak and the beginning of Dan Gurney's Toyotas. The Toyotas were 4 cylinders, the Nissan V-6, Porsche Flat 6 and Mazda Rotary. Sprinkle ina few V-8s and I think Jaguar was running a 12.

At that time the IMSA cars were faster than CART or Formula 1. They all went broke though! They made a small fortune in racing so to speak.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts