Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have a 1972 Triumph bike. We have been offered $1700 for it, but we just dont know what its worth. It is in excellant physical shape but the engine has a very rough run to it. Any ideas on the worth of this style bike?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
robbye,

Value depends on the condition of the bike, how 'original' it is, and where it is located.

I'd suggest you look at eBay to determine what similar bikes have sold for. Make sure you select 'Completed listings', too.

Ballpark for the bike, assuming it is all there, is $2500 - $5000.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I paid around $1700.00 for my '78 T140v, needing restoring. While many people dislike the early OIF models, the market is rising for them, as the earlier pre-OIF bikes increase in value.

If the engine turns over and runs, and if the bike is original and fairly complete, I would think that $2500.00 would be a fair price. It's true, however, that a picture would help a lot. Original paint and original parts have lots to do with a final price.

Checking Craigslist and eBay would make sense to me......

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I'll trade you a BT99 Browing Trap with 3 polychokes, a morgan pad and a monte-carlo stock (last appraised at $1,500.00).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.