Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Wow! You got suckered into that one, Cuddy.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm not trying to post spam, sorry about the link. I'm just new to bikes and trying to find out what will work and what won't...
Okay, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt... this time. ;)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nighthawks in 85 were 700cc. It was actually the CB700 Nighthawk if memory serves. Chain drive- yes. It is not the frame you are thinking of. Can you bob it? Certainly, but you would be better served with the CB750C Custom frame from 1980. That is a much more appropriate frame to bob. As for welding a rigid I would say that you are better off buying a hardtail frame and installing all the CB parts from a donor bike. Just sayin.......
The Nighthawk in 1985 was 700cc (in the US, but was 750cc in Canada and other locals). They were shaft drive. Not the best bike to bob, IMHO. Otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Here in the US, the CB700S was indeed shaft drive. I used to own one -- my first bike. Not sure about the rest of the world. I remember doing some research on the model, reading that Honda did not import the CB750 to the US in 1985 due to tarriffs, but the rest of the world got it. That's what I remember --again, you'd have to verify this on your own. Cuddy, can you verify this?

You can simple do the research on BikePics to check it out for yourself. Here is a decent link to a Honda Nighthawk resource: Paul's Honda Nighthawks Pages. Hope that helps!

Where do you live?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts