Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a bike that you just don't find in this kind of shape any longer!! Just completed a 2 year frame off restoration. Wheels glass beaded with 3 coats of clear. Brakes rebuilt, with custom drilled rotors and rebuilt calipers. Motor stripped, glass beaded and urethaned. Frame sandblasted and urethaned as well. Motor has 6K, speedo is new at 182. Carbs rebuilt, complete valve adjustment, and tune up. New Clutch, New Tires, All cables replaced. Custom racing Cambell Xpipe header system. All hand controls, and switches replaced Tank and tailpiece, side covers, stripped beaded and urethaned. Seat custom built by Tops Sebastian, FL. Fairing custom built Streetfighters USA with dual headlights and LED turn signals and custom rear LED brake lights. I have receipts on rebuild and costs.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words... I feel these 4 speak volumes. I have more detail photos and can take photos of anything you would like. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or call me at 860.887.5976. Asking price $7,000 OBO for this custom classic.

Thank you,
Steve

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
That is a customization, not a restoration, and you can find them stock and in great shape for about $2500 bucks or less if you look around. 7 grand? Good Luck!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Hell I sold my '82 KZ750 with an 880cc kit, KH cams, 1100 valves, roofed intakes, big oil cooler and pop-up pistons (not to mention bored Mikini's with 450/210 jets) for $700.00.

And the damn thing is STILL running. In fact, there it goes now...whoosh...wirrr...clunk....

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Man, you guys are HARSH!

Poor guy, trying to sell a bike he poured his heart and soul into...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It would be worth more if you'd have left it stock. At anyrate it's a nice bike but I'd say $3500~$4000 tops if you're lucky.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
A blind man wouldn't give him that much for a bike like that around here.
I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt....... it's a nice looking bike, looks like a decent job. If it runs as good as it looks then maybe around here he might get what I said.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt....... it's a nice looking bike, looks like a decent job. If it runs as good as it looks then maybe around here he might get what I said.
Minneapolis Craigslist is full of cheap '70s and '80s bikes. One could buy one and build it for a lot cheaper than $7k or even half that.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I thought you lived in Joliet? isn't that where all the Germans live?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To each his own. I don't know where you all are from but where I am you don't see these on the roads that much if at all. Granted what I am asking is just that an asking price for my first attempt to sell. I put a lot more then the $7,000 I am asking so I know I won't be recouping what I put into it to get it to the shape it is in now. In a couple weeks if it does not sell I will lower the price. I am in no rush to sell so I can take my time.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The dude down the street put more than $3500 worth of chrome on his HD. He's also crazy if he thinks he's going to be able to sell it for $3500 more than it's really worth too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.