Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dangit, I want a free shirt!

I searched and searched, but apparently Lemoto is not the name of that bike manufacturer. You name it, I searched for it, but I guess someone who actually was around when that bike was raced will have to answer :(

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Blech

Ok, so I give up. I like a good challenge, but this one appears impossible. Give us more challenges, that are within reach :)

I have searched all over about Alexandra Palace, bike listings, Lemoto, tried that RMRC that is on the paper on the front, tried to find out about parts on it. Looks like the tires could be some Avon's, but no luck there. Let's see, tried searching the Isle of Man TT history stuff. Tried TT stuff in general. Then tried 1960s, 1970s. Searched for Single Cylinder stuff. Tried to figure out what those logos were, the S with the circle around it, the Lemoto graphic. Hmmmm. You name it, I searched for it.

Damn you MO, I hate being stumped.

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Almost positive

It's not a BMW, I don't believe. They apparently have been using the Roundel logo since as far back as the '30s, and that bike is obviously from a much later era than that :)

Oh well, maybe they'll toss me a hint if nobody else actually knows what it is.

Rob

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nothing

if I remember correctly, the T is solely for show. Then again, Star Trek is known for being overly thorough with background story. That said, I will remain with T meaning nothing.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts