Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is starting to look a lot like christmas!

As a happy suzuki owner its nice to see a great new bike, regardless of the name on the tank. And really a torquey motor is just what I want for the street, Hey I might even be able to pull some mingers during the break-in!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why would suzuki get rid of the 750? THe insurance difference between a GSXR750 and an R1 is quite significant. THere are may potential customers who would choose the 750 for economic reasons, just as many will buy the 600 instead of the 750. Economics aside, the 100o will probably prove to be the best street bike of the three siblings. Its called usable power band folks....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting post, but I really don't think the GSXR 1000 is any more dangerous to the average squiddlebutt than the new GSXR 750 or 600. Both bikes are equally easy to make rookie mistakes on, the 1000 may actually be easier to ride due to the toqueier power curve. Face it, all new sportbikes are fast enough to get a chump in trouble in a hurry, however, I bet there are very few people who get a 1000 for a first bike.

I commend you for riding an older sportbike. I agree that most people can't take advantage of your 5 year old bike, or my two year old gixxer or the latest and greatest. Those of us who keep our bikkes for more than 1 or two years probably get more enjoyment out of them than the people who continually by the latest and greatest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.