Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Why would someone with a handle like "66bonny" want a W650 when they can get a Triumph twin in a variety of configurations, with several year models to choose from, and with performance mods available?

I mean, the W650 is an OK bike, but...

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Seru,

No - I've never owned one, but a couple of buddies are all over the old Triumph Twins. One has nine or so.

My point was the W650 was a nice enough bike, but (I heard) they were not powerful enough for the super-slab, and as far as I know, were available for only a couple (2?) years.

Unless you look closely, the new Triumph twins are fairly faithful to the old bikes. Yeah, the tailpipe has a kink in it. However, they are worlds better technologically. Heck, the headlights almost always work, and the oil stays in the engine until you uncork it.

A "professional" review of the two bikes is here: Kawasaki W650 and Triumph Bonneville - Road Test & Review - Motorcyclist Online

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.