Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
what are you doing closing the throttle in a corner??

I'd rather oil a chain, just because when you do have to replace a rear end it really sucks. Chassis jacking has never bothered me, even when I came off a chain bike. It was different, but I never found it a problem. The only time I close the throttle in a turn is when I have to stand it up anyway, and usually I'm not accelerating enough while leaned over to jack the chassis. On mine, if you put down enough to jack the chassis it's enough to spin the wheel way too much if you're leaned over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: As long as we

Wow, I appreciate your perspective on the SV and EX but ride the two. I don't believe you could have to make that comparison. The Kawi is a very reliable proven 'small' bike and that's about it. The SV on the other hand is that and a WHOLE lot more.

I would think the ZX6-R would've been better to compare with the SV and I'd still take the SV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The zzr1100 was a great motorcycle. I've owned mine since new in 1995. The only question i have to ask about this new model. If the press blurb is right, and the bike is designed to put the port back into sport touring, why detune the engine. That was one of the wildest things about the ZZR since it's introduction. A strong bottom end with a top end that went on for ever. Why not keep the strong top and, and the increase in cubes will more than make up for any lack of bottom end grunt, the that the 1100 ever had any.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Test road a Futura

I test rode a Futura thinking of buying one and was not impressed. The engine was way too lumpy even for a v-twin. The fuel injection at low RPM was horrible. The bike was warmed up for several minutes before we took off and it stalled in the parking lot and at the first stoplight. The glitch goes away at about 3000 RPM. The wind protection is not as good as advertised. The bike is also very top heavy and maybe a tad too light to be a true ST...gets buffeted pretty good on the highway at speed. Very trick looking bike, but $14K for a problematic bike is not for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ya, that would be a SUZUKI SV100, not unlike my SUZUKI SV 650 that I rode for two years. Life is a reading test. No where did it say Kawasaki, but intead I was referring to sport tourers in general.

Regarding gas mileage for my Superhawk, yes I must fill up after about 130 miles, but my sport touring involves back roads in Colorado, not superslab stuff. I am ready on my old butt for a break at that point. And I have ridden them all, and Honda generally has the best build quality, but the others are very close and get better every year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Let me just get this out of the way...

To the genius below. If all that is soooo.... true- as you in your semi-conciuous state of delerium seem to think it is. "You must be a Suzuki fan- just a guess". Why is it that: a ZX-6R is leading the AMA 600's, A ZX-7RR is in second place in AMA Superbike, another ZX-6R is in second in WSS 600's.... and Kawi just seems to kick ass in every drag racing event there is??!

If they are indeed so slow- what does that say about everything else on the market? Wake up and smell the racing fuel- have you even even been to a race? Of any kind? Genius- that you must be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To the genius below- and lord knows you must be. Why don't you at least get on one before you ? Your just the kind of person that talks about-lets see... damn near anything without actually knowing what you are saying. ZX11's kicked everyones ass for nearly a decade- look at the history- before anyone stepped up to the plate and did anything about it. This is a bike based in the same heritage- wake up and smell the racing fuel. I'll bring my ZX-12 and run you anytime you like. Then we will see who is so slow-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Concours

Say what you will about the Concours good, bad or indifferent Kawasaki has lost my business.Ibought a new 98 Concours in 99 you know 0 miles

ect. After the 600 mile dealer check it developed a slight buzz, nothing to worry about.The buzz turned to a strong vibration then the fairing started to sound like a mercury outside light.Enought of this,the dealer in Morristown Tn told me to saw the pipes off,the one in Knoxville kept it three months put 900 miles on it and said they nor Kawasaki would fix this basically unridable new factory warranty bike. Yea,I had a lemon,Kawasaki said T.S. I say watch where you spent you money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The engine isn't a detuned ZX-12 motor. It's a hybrid of the 1200 in the ZRX which was originally derived from the GPZ engine which was from the ZX-11. Have I lost you yet?

Basically it's the ZX11/ZZR1100 engine with mega high end and ram air with the added displacement from the ZRX1200. It's going to kick serious ass.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Putting aside all of the arguing about "my bike can kick the @* out of this bike", I have to say say that when I first saw the photo of this bike and read a little into it, I couldn't help but think that kawasaki built this bike with me in mind. I am well past the boy racer years but still like to put on a lot of miles and do it fast. Bravo Kawasaki! Now if you can just get around to updating your web-site I'll be out of gripes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know a trustworthy Southern Cal. Kawasaki Dealer?

Got my first ever ride on a ZX-11 today - I had no idea what a smooth motor felt like. The Connie feels like it's got gravel in the crankcase now - I'm hoping I'll get over that feeling. I've been through three Kawasaki Dealers in Southern California, and have been unimpressed by every one --

Beamount - where I bought my '00, took three hours to prep a bike that was already on the floor - but didn't check the tires or brakes (brakes didn't work)

Antelope Valley - where I live, but hate to go, just for the attitude. I went in when the R/H mirror swivel gave up. Every single person at the dealership had to look at the bike to determine the mirror was bad. And then had to argue whether it was warranty.

And finally, Saugus - who, on a major service charged $4.95 a quart for BULK oil, $8.95 for the oil filter PLUS an additional $6 for the filter O-Rings, and $6 each for new NGK plugs - that they didn't install!

·
Registered
486 Posts
> No where did it say Kawasaki

Except in the title of the article, which was about a new Kawasaki motorcycle. You respond to said article, "when they build yadda yadda yadda." The antecedent to the pronoun "they" is thus automatically assumed to be Kawasaki, as you didn't provide another antecedent. Life IS a reading test, no?

As for the rest, I never bashed your choice of bike, being a Colorado mountain rider myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All unsubstantiated opinions aside... does anyone have any hard facts on the ZZR? I'm ready to buy a new bike and am trying to weigh out the pros and cons on the 2002 Sport Tourers. I pray that Kawasaki's new realease is created with a lot more care than there website. Does anyone have any information on other websites or forums that specifically target either the ZZR or sport tourers in general?

·
Registered
2 Posts
www.we_know_bikes_not_websites.com

I agree how can a leading motorcycle manufacturer, creating bikes with the latest in speed and handling technology, have such a crappy website. I agree that Kawasaki seems to have done a great job on this... whether the American market is ready for a sport tourer thats not built for middle aged yuppies or not. Kawasaki can place my order for their newest innovation. My hat is tipped to Kawasaki designers for building me a bike that satisifies my desire to get yanked off the back of my bike but still has the comfort to not make me desire to jump off the back after riding too long.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Glad Kawazuki is making an XX. Somebody should.

You buy a new bike if you plan on keeping it. If Im going to put a ton of miles on something I want to know how it was run in and how it was maintaned.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts