Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha! More big Pics ! Yeah...give the pics to me!

Keep it up!

PS. Looks like you edited out the part after Hack-Fu lost it when the Vino ate that parked car. Ha! Wonder who the innocent suburbanite was who's car needed a HackFuVinoectomy?

Ha!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Once again MO proved that anything with wheels can be fun. I'm glad to see you not taking this thing too seriously. Calvin should consider enrolling at the International Stunt School. Hope he is OK.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I believe I was one of the people that asked for this.

Anyway, you could see that HACKFU was pushing it in that turn if you pause the movie or look at the picture. Notice the front tire is out of alignment with the bike. He was going down alright... You can't powerslide those things much, and when you do, it's disaster.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Good job.

Now you need to test some open-class scooters.

But, when you do, let the MO ladies do the testing. It'll do wonders for your business insurance. And the locals won't have to hide their children. And their dogs. And their sheep.

We knew their daughters were safe since your were riding scooters.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it's wasted time. I mean, how could you possibly think that you can make the general American society understand scooters? It's like to make them understand that there's a whole other world out there besides the States. Or there's food beyond McDonalds, or it's pretty silly to go to a beach fully dressed, or you don't need a 3 ton truck for everyday transportation, or spitting is actually uncool, or rap is not considered music, or culture is not something you can buy on Broadway, or speed does not kill but ignorance does, or...ahh...as I said...wasted time.

Stooters not only mucho fun; to use them perfectly makes sense. Especially in large cities.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Confessions of a motorcycle bigot.

I have to admit the first time you guys did a scooter review I was appalled. Then this guy at work started showing up at work on a Silver Wing. Since this guy is originally from Vietnam, where scooters are basic transportation, he does not have the prejudices against scooter like me. He let me ride it around in the parking lot. I was definitely surprised. Anyway you MO guys are right scooters are good clean fun. I showed my daughter your pictures of women on these little things now she wants one. Because her mother won't let her on a motorcycle this may be her way to have some fun on two wheels

Great story.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Ah what fine memories of parking lot races back in the 80's with Honda Spree 50's. No idea how or why my buddies dad picked up two used ones, a red and a blue but they sure were fun. Then another buddy had an Honda Elite 150 "Rat Bike" uh er "Rat Scoot". That thing had been abused so much all the plastic was gone and it had gotten the primer treatment and many shades of primer too. Still it kept on running.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's kinda scary to know there are people sick enough to take the time to set up a race track for scooters. What's scarier still, though, is I just read through the posts and found out that KPaul is breeding.

Just kidding and great, funny article. I think Keith Code's Superbike school can help Calvin out with his cornering.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Truly awesome. I laughed, I cried, I questioned your masculinity...

Seriously, though, this was great reading. I laughed the entire way through and had coffee coming out my nose watching the videos.

And youz guyz get more-or-less kinda-sorta PAID to do this?

How about the Honda Ruckus? That thing looks halfway manish, even.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ok Stickie,

I'm not going to complain about MO doing an article on scooters. I enjoyed it actually. But since you seem to like correcting spelling errors, he goes: " Now, I can here all you sprtbike junkies..." I bet you meant to say, "hear" huh? Don't feel bad though, even Time magazine can't seem to always use the right word lately, which or witch. I've seen both used inappropriately. Goes to show what happens when we rely on the spellchecker software.

Take care,

Dave

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Confessions of a motorcycle bigot.

I think of a scooter as small, cheap, and practical. The SilverWing is none of those things. Did he tell you it cost more than your 600 and gets terrible gas mileage. Yes, the SilverWing is neat but a scooter it is not.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.