Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mo should start charging for fluff articles like this one. Then you wouldn't have to ask your readers for money...

Where is the pay site?

Philip

'00 ZR-7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing about the TL models that have basically remained the same since '97? I am seriously disappointed if this is it... I guess I'll just need to wait....longer. An updated V-twin super sport is needed. Suzuki, are you listening?

·
Registered
63 Posts
What you talking about boy?! Them be adjustable forks on the new SV!!

And, do I see a silver, black, and yellow SV in that picture? Please tell me that whose will be the available-in-USA colors? Please?

Ahh who am I kiddin'. I own a blue 2000 SV, but I would really dig a 2002 Silver SVS.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oops... just noticed that they are preload adjustable only. Still better than what we got now, but not a huge deal I guess.

I still really dig the silver. I'd prefer the darker wheels (like on the 2000 models) and the darker, single color engine (like the 1999 & 2000 models). Gimme all that and a silver paint job and I'd be happy. Or maybe I'll just repaint mine :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am going to say the same thing that everyone else is going to say, but here it goes anyway. I would REALLY have liked to see the TL1000s eliminated and offered in SV trim.(IE No rotary dampener, better ergo's) I would also like to see the mild Katana 750 bumped up a few cc's and offered with hard bags. I have not been to their site yet to see if any other bikes have changed but I hope that they did not touch the bandit 1200s (other than maybe offering it in solid black). Even if nothing radically new comes out of Suzuki this year, they still have a very impressive lineup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was expecting to see more juicy content regarding street bikes... I'm a bit disappointed, MO.

Not so much in that you didn't have much to say about the street bikes....

but that you goy my hopes up by showing those wonderful pictures of the SV.

Kinda felt mis-lead... but what'cha gonna do?

btw, we miss blip. tell him to come home.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How about charging the mfg for fluff articles like this? You wouldn't have to ask for donations from your readers...

Philip

'00 ZR-7

·
Registered
337 Posts
What is all this SV1000 stuff? Suzuki already makes an SV1000S, it's called a TL1000S.

I reckon what people are looking for is a literbike with the SV's light weight and easyriding nature. The problem is that the SV is light and easy to ride BECAUSE it is a 70 hp 650. If you shoehorn a TL motor in the SV, it would be more squirrely than the TL.

Still, I agree that a faster little twin would be good. Imagine an SV-type machine with 748 type power? That sounds fun. Don't get me wrong, I love literbikes, but I just have the impression that people think they can retain the niceness of the SV650 in liter size. Engineering isn't the like the McFatgrenade drive thru, you can't just super size something and have it be the same, only more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Although I am one of the SV1000 people, I don't think that everyone is picturing a TL motor just stuffed into an SV chassis. They can keep the TL, just loose the rotary dampener system and make it a little more comfy. You are right though, If they try to maintain the light weight and narrow stance of the SV with the 1000cc power plant it would be a difficult machine to deal with. I will be the first to admitt that I would probably have a very hard time riding it. I do like your idea of keeping the SV as it is just adding 100cc's to the mix. That would have a great power to weight ratio, be rideable, and have longer range to boot.

Happy Riding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Um, maybe they would have sold some TL1000Rs if they had put it on a diet. Why make the best v-twin motor in the world and then forget about the bike around it? Thought maybe this was the year they would figure that out...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm with you. Tested a TL-S then rented a VTR1000 (no TL-S for rent) and fount the V-2 concept was amazing but short on power... was longing for the TL engine.

C'mon Suzuk, give us the TL engine with GSXR type weight!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I absolutely agree with the weight issue. There is no way you could make a reasonably priced literbike weight what a 650 does, but the Superbike-intended twins are way too portly.

Speaking of weight, I don't understand why nobody has really tried to make a good, modern parallel twin. It makes loads of sense: light, simpler, much better packaging, cheaper, etc. Balance shafts could be used to take care of vibration.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.