Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
My '99 Speed Triple is a real trooper. I've put 15,000 miles on it in 8-9 months, smacked into a cliff.. I KILL this bike. I use it for extreme riding and besides headlight bulbs blowing and a tweaked steering head bearing from hard landings (my fault) it's in good shape. The front brake is amazing. The suspension isn't the greatest but it's good enough I suppose. The fuel injection was horrible at first (wouldn't restart when hot, wouldn't idle hot, stubling) but the dealer reprogrammed it for free in 10 min and fixed that ( even got 2 HP out of it!). The ignition switch wouldn't turn on the taillight so I had it replaced under warranty. I've dealt with a dealership in NC, in IA, and in CA and got GREAT help. These were the kinda places I hung out at 'cause the people were so nice. One place (Back Roads Triumph, NC) even gave me part time work so I could afford to ride down to Daytona with them!!! I get no problems with warranty service even though the bike is visibly damaged and abused. I mean, I've jumped this thing over railroad tracks at 75mph ( you can get away with this stuff in the stix) and gone flat tracking down gravel roads. What a survivor. And besides the steering head bearing I can't think of anything wrong with it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts