Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
So it doesn't look like a rice rocket. Well, that's too bad, kiddies. Maybe that will leave a few in the show room for the rest of us.

As the owner of a BMW mantis, officially called R1100GS, I've gotten completely used to the notion that it's not how it looks, it's how it rides.

Unless Yossef (and Paul Smart, fer chrissake!) are both lying through their teeth, this new Duc ought to ride like a dream on real roads with real pavement ripples and gravel patches and pot holes.

If I hadn't already promised the wife a 620 Monster as soon as we can afford it, I'd be off to the nearest Duc dealer to make a deposit.

C'mon fellas tell everyone it ain't a sport bike, and it ain't a Winnebikeo tourer and the price should be dropped before anyone will touch it. Maybe somebody will believe you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Winkies on a Stick

What the hell is up with those "winkies on stick" turn signals or should I say "twinkies on stick?" Those are the first expensive part to get ripped off while riding this "thing." Perfect example of half-ass design for design's stake.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Disappointing Review

Yossef, there's this bike. It's powered by a Ducati L Twin. It's sits you bolt upright. Handles very well. Styling very similar to the Multistrada. Windshield was less than perfect on that one too. They changed it in the second year. People ride them in Iron Butt Rallys. It's called the Cagiva Gran Canyon and the motopress over here LOVED it. It's a shame you're not up on these things...

There's one for sale at Ferracci for just over $6k.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Like the 999, the Multistrada looks really cool in person. I wouldn't say "beautiful" but certainly cool and interesting.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I read on another web site that us Tiger/GS owners wouldn't be interested. Bollocks to that. I've got a GS and I'd love on of these too. 11,000 Euros ~ 11,000 dollars. So I guess they'll charge us $16k for it knowing ducati. If they sell it for for European prices, I'll buy one. If they fleece us again, they can stick it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Er guys? Where is the side bar, mentioned in the article, on the new Parelli Scorpion Syncs? I am currently running the radial Scorpion S/Ts on my old R100 GS and they stick unbelivably well for a multi purpose tire. Please see if you can find the promised side bar, as I for one am interested. VWW

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now, see, if Jesse Mach had ridden one of these instead of a dinky little XLR250 with supersized plastic, people would now be speaking of "Streethawk" in the same reverent tones usually reserved for "Knight Rider."

·
Registered
240 Posts
Today, I received the June editions of both Motorcyclist and Cycle World. I scanned the covers right away to see if the article I'd been anticipating for months had finally been written. It hadn't. But when I logged on to MO, there it was. I'm sure Boehm, Egan, and everyone else made it to Sardinia, too, but for their writeups, I'll have to wait at least another month. Behold the power of the Internet. Great job!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Ugly? You're crazy!

I forsee a lot of dust on the R1...

It may be ugly, but out in the twisties I never see my reflection!

At the international motorcycle show they had one and the fit and finish wasnt tip top. Seat cover wasnt tight (actually had a couple creases and wrinkles) and the gaps in the body work werent even. Maybe it was a preproduction model. Still other than the looks its all I could ask for in a street bike. God I love the DS feel, free fall into the corner and feel those tires plant then gas it out. It even matches my aerostich, must be fate...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: 2003 Ducati Multistrada

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a little ugly, but it's also a little strange and cool. I care more about what it feels like from the seat, and this baby "looks" awesome from that vantage point. Those who whine about Ducatis and their cost, valves, and strangenesses have likely never really pushed one on a twisty road. They give you a feeling of confidence. They put fun into riding. They give you a chubby.

I'll take one in silver, please.

Vlad

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.