Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I picked this little tidbit off the review:

"we don't really need to ride this new RR to know it's going to be a far more capable motorcycle than nearly everybody who buys one."

I think that quote should have been taken from the 1985 intro, don't you? I think KPaul could probably drain everything from this baby though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really expect more from my subscription dollar.

You didn't even get to ride it!? This looks like a last minute re-write of the Honda web site and press releases. Motorcycle Daily had the first part of their free review up almost a week ago. What am I paying for? Is this the kind of "scoop" you're talking about on the subscription page?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had been down in Pahrump doing a trackday on Sunday the 19th & decided to stick around & on Monday so I could do some business stuff as well as stop by & say hi to Freddie Spencer. I was just a lowly student of his last February & I credit his trail braking teachings with saving my life on my trip back to Wyoming from the Laguna WSB races. That's another story & I digress but Freddie is one heck of a guy & suffice it to say that felt more than comfortable stopping by.

During our talk he told me the new CBR600RR's were being prepped for the US intro on Wednesday up at the Paddock area & I was welcome to stop by on the way out. Cool!

Freddie's not shy or reserved in his support of all things Honda but his enthusiasm about the bike was evident & to my perception completely sincere. Over the weekend he had put in two solid days of riding this bike & figured he'd done about 70 laps each day. He described the bike as being about as close to a racebike as any production bike he had ever ridden. He made a point of clarifying this statement by saying that what he meant was that the bike had very tight manufacturing tolerances in the chassis & suspension that result in reproducible results when changes or adjustments are made. For his level of riding this communication between bike & rider was as good as he had experienced ever in a production bike. He said Miguel had been there doing some schooling & was just as impressed.

I did stop by the Paddock as the bikes were being prepped & just looked. There were a bunch of American Honda, Japanese Honda & Dunlop folks there & they were silent & pretty intense as they were putting the bikes together. I didn't want to bother anyone so I kept my mouth shut. I'll just say the level of build quality seems very high & the solid black one that I was ogling was well packaged & put together & is right up there as one best & cleanest looking oriental scoots I have ever seen.

Even as an Italian twin guy I could find myself owning one of these based on that short visit. Can't wait to ride one!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: I really expect more from my subscription dollar.

Yeah, well, you got on-board videos from Randy Mamola @Almeria on the Yam R6 AND the onboard Kawy ZX-6R. Ya can't get either of them anywhere else in the world, on- or off-line, in paper, on TV, anywhere. And they were a boatload of work. So give us a break, we can't control the world and sometimes things just don't go our way.

At least we spent the day writing up some information and giving you some wallpapers to play with until we do get to ride the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why don't you give me a break....and money back!

I guess as your customer I should expect intermittent information then is that it? The turnover here is pathetic. Hey I'm positive you're sick of everyone whining around here, but bottom line here is free sites are routinely smoking you guys and I could really just give a $hit about all the excuses. Let the apologists continue to paint whatever picture they like. Bottom line is I CHECK THIS PAY SITE VERY INFREQUENTLY BECAUSE I KNOW THE INFORMATION HERE IS GLACIAL IN ITS RATE OF CHANGE. Hey if this site rocked I'd pay $30 a year to join it and the money wouldn't be an issue. My job is a boatload of work and I'm not charging you $12 a year to listen to me tell you how hard I work so why don't you return the favor, increase the fee and hire more people, or go back to the free format and market yourself better. I notice the situation has deteriorated enough to not even show the subscriber ratio on the homepage anymore. Let me remind you it's your job to spend the day writing up information, not to remind me that you were nice enough to provide me with the product I paid you for in the first place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This bike is awesome! I'm just debating which color should I get. That yellow just screams "Buy Me", but the red and black one looks like real Honda race bike and would match my already red and black riding gear. Honda has made quite a predictment for me!!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
The website is great! Where else can you go where they let you rant and rave? So it is not the fastest, but they sure get some real goodies for us, as for the ones who don't like getting their profanity edited, that's too bad, if you can not express your self without the curse words then maybe we don't want to hear your crap!!!

Last but not least: Quit crying about your $11. If you can not afford that, then quit the site and shut up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why don't you give us a break and shut the #*@% up!

Gemini, I'll give you my pay pal account number and send you $11.94 to go away and spare us your pathetic whining! I'm convinced that to paraphrase Samson Pipes' slogan, "Message Boards Save Lives". In the old days, burnt out miserable old losers like you would come home from work, kick their dog and beat their wife. Now they log onto MO and flog the staff for not getting their piddling $1 per month's worth. So tell me Gemini, when you go to Starbucks do you rip into the teenage girl behind the counter about your decaf, half-skim, half half&half, mocha frappucino latte not having thick enough foam on top and being a rip off at $5 a cup? Ummm, OK maybe that's a bad example! Be that as it may, if you can find a free site with the level of community, multimedia, DIY attitude, and speed to print of MO then go there. I'm sure everyone there will start flocking to MO shortly after your arrival.

·
Registered
31 Posts
To those of you complaining out there about content on this site and how "glacial" it is concerning updates, it's obvious you've never been a writer or journalist of any kind or else you would know how difficult and time consuming it is to go out there, get stories, research them and write about something that doesn't come off the AP news wire.

I'm not an apologist, but rather someone who has a little experience with this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Admittedly, I'm just a little bit curious. Why are all of the sportbike manufacturers making such a big deal about the way they are designing their frames to be more flexible? Harley has been making frames that bend and flex for 100 years...

Remeber: It's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango

·
Registered
25 Posts
why don't you give the staff a break

Working for a monthly publication with monthly deadlines has its pressure

But having to post new columns and news that are relevant only to motorcycles on the web daily would be like running a newspaper that is limited to one subject

The worst of all would be having to put up with readers reviews/critiques …

Cuddles to the staff of MO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Weak!

You could have saved us all some time and replaced all that text with a link to Honda's website. They do a much more thorough job of spouting of the marketing specs.

Also I read the same story about 10 days ago on motorcycledaily.com (free) - except they actually RODE the bike.

You guys need to do better than this. Seriously...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rear Shock Mount

Evidently it works; however, from the drawings it’s hard to see how one gets much travel when the shock is mounted to the top of the swingarm.

From a purely aesthetic (poser) point of view-- wish they would have thrown on the five spoke wheels as well, maybe with that cool color band!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.