Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Jeffy, I think you did a nice job with that. I like the kawasaki a lot, personally, tho i have not rid the sv1000, only the s model. Z1000 i rode was fairly anemic down low but that much more fun to spool up as a result. Again, like the Buells, a SMALL, ferret-quick little motorcycle...

As for Fishstick and Buzglyd, what a pair o right wing wankers. KPaul is coming down for Thanksgiving dinner and a nice ride. I'm out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Liked the review, very informative.

But now I have to be a sourpuss. Please spellcheck and proofread. In this age of new-fangled high-tech computer-ness, simple spelling errors are inexcusable in a purchased product, even if not written by a professional journalist/writer. Sorry.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Regarding the Z1000 mirrors: "you pillocks didn't see that the mirrors on the Z are absolutely useless at or above 70 mph!" The manual choke sucks, too (given the sophistication of fuel injection).

Incidentally, it's "Kawasaki" not Kawisaki.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah Johnny, we'd ALL like to sample that Buell you've been HOGGING for the last month...so GIVE IT BACK SUCKA!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe you should have titled the article Suzuki vs Kawasaki Naked Shootout. Where's the Aprilia, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, (and Buell?) and Ducati if it's a 2003 naked shootout?

Good read, just need a little more depth. Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah! What he said. And where's the H-D SuperGlide Sport...that's a naked bike, too!

And, and, what about my wrecked-and-cafe'd Gixxer 1100. That's definitely naked.

And, where's my Spondon-framed 1978 2-stroke tripple: Also naked.

MO sux!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Nice review, even if you didn't point out how lame Kawasaki is for the little plastic fake frame member and how cool the REAL alloy frame is on the Suzuki.

A comparison between the SV1000 and the 919 Honda would be interesting as they both seem to be broader focused whereas the Z1000 seems more in line with the FZ1 concept of comfy sport bike.

Looks like I'll have to add the SV1000 to my list of bikes to buy. Does the tail light on the Suzuki give anyone else wood?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well done, JB2! A real nice piece! I told you that Z1000 was a ton o' fun! I'm not sure if the look will last the test of time, though. Even now, I keep going back and forth on whether I think it looks bad ass or just ...bad.

For those who don't know Jeff, there isn't a nicer guy in motojournalism. I tried to give him some lessons in arrogance, attitude, and generally obnoxious behavior, but it was like trying to teach GW Bush to speak English.

Oooooooh, SNAP!!!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Suzuki opts for more traditional styling and looks good copying Ducati. Definitely on the short list for me.

Kawasaki goes for the styling that is uniquely Japanese in origin. At first it seems bizarre, but like the old Shogun Warrior concepts it grows on you. I'd be interested if I didn't already have two 4 cylinder streetbikes.

So now it's between the SV1000, the Speed Triple and the XB12R

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Not a bad choice in the bunch. I've spent a fair chunk of time on all three and can safely say that the XB-12R is the one to pick. It is almost as much fun as a Tuono, feels just as good in the corners but just isn't as fast in a straight line. I imagine that already having two inline fours means that you aren't buying one of these nakeds for your top-speed fix.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I never exceed 100mph anymore. Ever. The UHP does NOT have a sense of humor about such things.

Any of the V-twins will easily go over the ton. Top speed is not an issue. An ability to carry a tankbag and soft luggage is the main issue.

The state of my exchequer will eventually be the main deciding issue.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
My wife has the snubby. Loaded with Hydroshock. Anyone who tries to molest her will have a really bad day.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I still recomend the XB-12R for you, but a tank bag will require that you use a Strap-On. Though I know many of us are averse to using anything that can be called a "Strap-On"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm going to upchuck a thought, how disgusting even for an online cycle rag to use this phrase on their site! Anyway, Naked Shootout? Where are the rest of the naked bikes- what a joke- I for one will never renew my sub with this mag. The content on this site has gone down the ****ter.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.