Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Excellent report JB! As usual, this was worth the $12 alone to read 2 months ahead of the paper mags. I can hear the content whiners shriveling like grapefruits in the microwave.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good article. And Jim, I don't mind the accent. Whatever floats your boat.

Now, I must admit, after seeing only the blue/white/black version shown here I thought this years bike trully was a hideous machine. But after seeing the silver one, I'm in love in a way that I've never been with a Suzuki before.

Didn't they have any silver ones at the launch? I didn't notice any in your pictures. :(

BTW. You bunch of rat bastards made me pay again. Sonofbiatches! :mad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sounds like the beast is even better now with a modest steroid injection. Suzuki can sure build sportbikes. I'm proud of them. I can only imagine the capabilities of the bike that eventually knocks this Gixxer off the top step.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Nice story Johnny. Nice pics and movies too. too bad all the non-subscribers can't see what they are missing. Looks like a brutal bike. Since my wimpy ZX9 scares the hell out of me plenty, can't see a reason for getting this one unless I need to change my shorts more often. The GSXR would probably be a bit tight for me anyway. I'm trying to think of excuses not to want one but it's not working well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This thing is ugly. What's wrong with a solid color? Could you imagine a car with all of those goofy graphics? It's too bad we can't get a Japanese engineered, Italian designed hybrid. What I wouldn't give for a Ducati 999 or, even better, an MV Augusta F4 that moves like this GSX-R 1000 and cost $11K. But considering I'll never be able to go much quicker than Lance Armstong can probably go on his bicycle I should quit being so picky about wanting to look good and go quick at the same time and plunk down the $20K for a bike that looks good. If I only had $20K and permission.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wonder when Suzuki will have warp drive... :) These new bikes scare me (life changes when you have a new baby in the house). I already cancel my order for the gixxer and think I'll order a VFR or look for a deal on a R1 or 954.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
My obsolete V-twin Ducati scares the hell out of me. You know the used market for a two-year old GSXR1000 hit the floor. Scoop one up and put it alongside your ZX-9 and you can call it an inline 8!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was one of those "content whiners" and I stand by my original remarks. For about a month there (right around my subscription expiration, as it turned out), all I had to look at was "Whirry: Not an Ounce of Fatty". And that was the most exciting thing in months.

MO has definitely responded to the criticism (as was claimed would happen) and I'm glad to see it.

Regards,

Ross

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.