Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
That instrument cluster sure is sexy. I wonder what colors it will come in for USA? Anybody want to guess price point?

The other surprising news is the 650 version is significantly changed as well with fuel injection and the squarish styling.

Very tempting but first model year bikes scare me. Very nice.

David

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think there is anything to be scared of. These bikes are using proven powerplants already so you know there won't be any issues there.

If your worried that the plastic looking frame is going to snap in half from all the wheelies you will be doing on this bike. Well then I'd have to say your just paranoid.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Well thats more like it , all we need now is the gsx or gsf or whatever they call the 1400 inline four they sell in europe and Suzuki will be spankin' ass but good,,, snooze ya' lose Honda, between the new Yammaha's and Suzuki's, I guess you better stick to civic's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually, I think it has more to do with actually sending someone over to Intermot to get the info...MCN and Moto-Station are european ,so are closer to the action than MO is.

Just my personal guess...though it would have been nice to send someone over there with a laptop for up to the minute updates, hey, could your yacht make the trip, Burnsie? Just pull into port and have a manufacturer's ride waiting for you to mosey on over to the convention...right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just can't take it anymore jsven007...

Do you do anything to do other than criticize how quickly the news gets up here? Seriously, you even cut and pasted your post from another topic about why they don't post as fast as so-and-so. It almost sounds like you work for moto-station and are trying to discredit MO. Jeez...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking at the beefy frame, I'd say that frame breakage, the bane of TL1000S owners, will be a distant memory. I wouldn't consider this a first-year model, but rather a TL1000S with the most grevious bugs worked out. Hopefully Suzuki won't cheap out and use crap suspension.

I wish someone in the U.S. would post photos of the naked version and get some discussion going on that. Talk about a back-road-terrorizing wheelie monster. And speaking of Monster, I bet Ducati is hoping like hell that Suzuki doesn't bring these bikes to the U.S. market.

·
Registered
26 Posts
New models are usually shown to the press in advance of their introduction, with an "embargo", meaning that the media cannot talk about a new model until the specific date. Dozens of people knew about the SV1000, ZR1000, ZX-6R, CBR600RR, etc., months ago but were sworn to secrecy. MO does, in fact, cooperate with the OEMs, and that's why you don't see early information on this site. The euro sites don't seem to care about honoring the embargo so much, but here if you lose the OE's trust, you don't get to see new stuff next time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bombshell...

MO is reporting a rumor that has been confirmed as fact several hours prior.

Don't you fellas have the budget to send someone to Intermot?

What's next?

Ducati is "rumored" to be releasing a 749/749S version of their new "rumored" 999. Also, Ducati is "rumored" to be releasing 1000 and 620 versions of their Supersport.

Also, Caprossi is "rumored" to be joining Bayliss on Ducati's GP machine for what is "rumored" to be for 2 years.

If you are going to rely on another website for your content, at least rely upon an up-to-date one.

Hopefully MO is getting paid for driving traffic to moto-station!

·
Registered
180 Posts
People! I just heard that Honda's coming out with a CX500 Turbo! It'll feature Comstar wheels, fuel injection, and over 19lbs of boost! It's based on the standard CX500 motor which just came out in 1978. Here's the bad news; rumor has it that it'll retail for a whopping $4998! Who can afford that? Still, I can't wait! I'll keep you all posted on any further news I can find on this exciting new bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Embargo dates

OK, I get the embargo date thing, although it does seem a little unamerican and disturbing that everybody plays along. But why can't they just tell us when the embargo dates are? And why even have them at all? Why don't the manufacturers just tell the moto-journalists when they're ready for the world to hear about it? What's the point of having the moto-journalists walking around with little "I-know-a-secret" boners for months on end? It's not like we're talking about nuclear missiles and stuff.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.