Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Bombshell...

MO is reporting a rumor that has been confirmed as fact several hours prior.

Don't you fellas have the budget to send someone to Intermot?

What's next?

Ducati is "rumored" to be releasing a 749/749S version of their new "rumored" 999. Also, Ducati is "rumored" to be releasing 1000 and 620 versions of their Supersport.

Also, Caprossi is "rumored" to be joining Bayliss on Ducati's GP machine for what is "rumored" to be for 2 years.

If you are going to rely on another website for your content, at least rely upon an up-to-date one.

Hopefully MO is getting paid for driving traffic to moto-station!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It will be interesting to see how many SV650 riders upgrade to the SV1000. I have ridden the SV650 but I have never owned one, so blast me at will. I imagine one of the appeals of the 650 is the easy going nature of the beast. The power is non-threatening and the chassis is more than capable to handle the 70(?) bhp. Of course the SV650 can be improved, El Flaco demonstrated that recently.

Now the SV1000 will have one badass motivator, projected 115 bhp at the rear wheel. That is twice the 650. It will be interesting if all that power will be usable and mild mannered in the chassis.

It could be the perfect step up bike and should attract many buyers that would not be interested in the 650.

Pricing will be a factor, I predict it will be in the ballpark of the Vstrom.

Is this my replacement for my Falco? No, but it should make for some interesting Comparison reading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts