Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Re: It has to do with what you said

Before you come out of your delusions about companies copying other companies, can I enlighten you a little? Companies like Ducati and Harley are not copying as you call it the other companies because they have built up a heritage and style of their own that they either can't really afford to (Ducati) abandon or are too chicken or stupid (Harley).

The "Big 4" make the big V-twin cruisers because they saw a great market segment that Harley seemed to have to itself. The unfortunate thing for those guys and eventually their designs is that the buying public in the good ol Ewe Esse Eh that want cruisers want something like a Harley.

Now when you see Triumph enter the most competitive market segment for motorcycles out there, you accuse them of copying. Why? Because they chose to use the same capacity? Because they chose to use the same engine configuration? These are both the defining factors of this segment. Hang on, it's not because the bike isn't belt drive is it? Oh wait, you are accusing the bike of being Japanese because they sourced some parts from some Japanese suppliers? In that case, I would rather buy a British "copy of a Japanese" bike than an "All American" POS that is going to fail on me every second time I try to ride it.

Then again, I've always liked tinkering with things, maybe I might get to know the insides of a Harley. No Thank you

Ride Carefully folks - They're out there

· Registered
27 Posts
Re: It has to do with what you said

At least you can write a decent article on something you haven't already developed an opinion on. Makes you good for something. But this is the last time I will waste my time trying to discuss something with you. No loss to you no doubt.

· Registered
27 Posts
Re: Racing Triumphs?

Some people have a better eye than others. To see this one from any angle is far different from the Oriental bikes. It may have similar overall proportions, but none of the others are anywhere near as edgy as this one (except the ZX-RR) behind the bars.

The D600 is also styled a little bulkier than the others especially around the back of the bike. And aside from the latest lot from Kawasaki and Yamaha, most of the Oriental 600's have had extenisve graphics on the fairings, whereas Triumph has tended to (in my memory at least) stick with pretty clean graphics, usually just the designation of the bike. The 636 was probably the first of the Orients to go the clean look, and the bike looks nice as a result.

Mind you, I can't fault any of the latest 600 offerings for looks, aside from the Daytona. It is great from front on, but once I start looking past the upper fairing, I do not like the look of the amount of edges on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.