Motorcycle Forums banner

2003 Triumph Daytona Reader Feedback

53K views 125 replies 47 participants last post by  ikonoklass 
#1 ·
Looks like it was a prop for Logan's Run.

#4 ·
If the big4 can get so much mileage out of copying Harley, then there's no reason that Triumph can't try to profit from copying them.

And as a bonus you get a motorcycle whose name doesn't end in a vowel.

#5 ·
I'd buy one. I just wish it did numbers near the Japanese.

#9 ·
Do you readers realize that MO kept the Roadstar article up 2 weeks. What a rip off this online rag is getting to be. That means we get a couple of articles per month for our subscription monies. They have to perform better than this for my continued patronage. I complained about this earlier this morning on the Roadstar reader feedback and wham!, if they didn't finally slam up this latest article. They fill this rag with feedback to free submittals that they don't even have to pay for. Kind of lame.

#10 ·
will wonders never cease?

triumph with a competitive 600cc zinger? ducati with a MotoGP win? it appears the balance of power is swinging west ...

to the above poser complaining about test frequency ... web publishing is loads different from the monthly magazine biz, as i've found out the hard way myself. give MO some credit. they put quality content up and they scoop the pi$$ out of the print pubs.

#11 ·
In response to Electraglidder (read as a oil burning slow ass tired iron piece of ancient technology riding poser) we are lucky to have websites like this. My print mags are not nearly as intresting because I usually read it here first. Keep up the good work guys. And no I don't think Harleys suck, they blow: oil, transmissions, engines etc...

#16 ·
??? Where do you get that from?

So, trusting that Triumph is printing a somewhat honest spec compared to the TT600, the Daytona makes about 4 more hp than the TT. The TT600 made about 90 horse back in the '01 MO comparo, when the R6 made 97. The R6 went up about three this year (and it's not actually the front runner in power, either) which would still put the Daytona down about 6 to the R6, which is a hell of a big gap in this class.

That six to eight extra pounds certainly doesn't help the Daytona either.

#20 ·
Waaaah! Waaaah! Waaaah! Waaaah!

Dude.....the whining over $12 is not becoming of "Electraglider". For the size of it's crew, MO puts out big time. And we, the subscribers, get to exchange opinions rapidly when topics are brought up. Sure we tell each other how great motorcycles like the SV650, VFR, etc. are. And some people get to bag on Harleys or Ducatis, etc. and those things get old. I even get to promote singles and twins for those who will listen. But are you not willing to admit that this is cheap entertainment for twelve bucks? What does that translate to? A pitcher of beer (OK, two if you're in a college town), a pizza, movies for two, two six packs of imported beer, 12 lottery tickets, etc. I'll bet you get more mileage (a year's worth of entertainment) out of the MO subscription than anything else you can think of.

Now my beef: Where the f**k is the KTM 950 Adventure test and how did Cycle World beat you to it?!!!

Singles and Twins Forever!

#23 ·
I am in love.

Glad to see that Triumph didn't go off the deep end on the ergos like Kawasaki. Beautiful bike. I can't decide between the Yellow Daytona or the Yellow CBR600RR. Life is tough in the best price/performance class in motorcycling.

Nice article and better pictures this time. Good Job

#24 ·
From the dork who brought you the year 2525 and the dumbest post of the year comes

Compare with the other mags. Motorcycle Daily does these mini reviews with no video, pictures and one guys opinion on the back after riding the streets of Souther California. MUSA does about one every month. 2Wf bout the same.

Get real and get that corn comb out of your ass Corn Husker. You need to get out more. Do they have cable in Nebraska? Or do you just get reruns of NU football games. Remember my Buffs kicked your teams butt all over the place.

#26 ·
Just buy a new Daytona, Any difference in it and the class leader is going to be negated by the fact that you can't ride them anywhere near their potential anyway. By getting the Triumph you show that you're a man of taste and distinction, instead of a lame-brain that whines about a $12. per year subscription to pretty neat web site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.