Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice ride impression. However, I don't think it went quite far enough. What I would like to know about this bike is : 1) how did it handle, 2) how effective are the brakes, and 3) how far can you ride on 1.8 gallons of gas, and 4) just as a comparison, how would it compare to a 450 2-stroke in performance?

·
Registered
40 Posts
1) The bike handled perfectly on the track, the lighter weight and more aggressive seating position added to the overall handling. 2)

The brakes worked quite well as most modern motocross bikes do, with the rear feeling quite powerful. 3) This is a purpose built race

bike and I believe the tank was designed to handle the average length moto which differs from track to track and class to class. 4) I

don't think there are any 450 2-stroke motocrossers although this bike is legal and built for the 250 class and compared to a 250 it has

more power all around feeling just a slight bit heavier to me, you can follow the success of this bike in the 2003 season of Motocross.

Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh my god, look it has two wheels. It must be a motorcycle. Since this site, look oh my God, say's motorcycle online, they must be testing a {quiet don't let anybody else know}, motorcycle. S**^t head

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good test, I'm glad your reviewing something other than street bike's. I bet a hell of a lot of street rider's have dirt bike's they like to play arround on. I know I do {98 CR250 and ZX9R} As long as it has anything to do with two wheels I'll read it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fall into the category of "never have seen" a dirt track race from the saddle. This is next up in my purchase plans and I liked the non-mx pro rider perspective. I hope to be tearing it up in the dirt soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will be adding a dirt bike to my stable this week. A lot of people I know have both and I welcome the reviews, although I think they could use a little more detail. bike comparisons, or just using features of other bikes as a point of reference would be informative and entertaining as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not related

I have a couple questions:

Where is minime? Did he get fired because he was faster than JohnnyB at the track? :)

I don't think we've been introduced to Jim yet, have we?

Nice article, by the way

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not responsive

Where is minime. If you think subscribers don't have a right to know, you don't know your subscribers.

This question has been asked frequently. What the hell is going on?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The dirt is where I learned how to power slide, and counter steering. The dirt is where I learned controled (almost) speed. The dirt is where I learned that crashing hurts. Picking your line in traffic on a MX track isn't any different than fighting traffic in Houston.

Please keep reads like this going......

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
It's about time!

Thanks for the great article, Jim! Now take a ride on a CRF450 and tell us which one is better for spodes like us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, he's is proving he is a f***ing idiot.....Nitro, wtf is wrong with a dirt bike test?

If we are gonna test a bowflex, how bout we test a Louisville Slugger on your noodle? SHEESH!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.