Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did They Run Out of Blue Paint?

OK, the new Mille has beautiful lines.

The old Mille and the Tuono look like they were patched together using leftover parts (the gauges in particular seem to be surplused from the Russian manufacturer Skoda). They're such a mishmash of shapes that it almost creates a style of its own. Almost.

I especially like the new tailsection of the Mille which in its own way is designed as nicely as the R1 (even though it looks completely different).

But what's with the paint? Did Aprilia get a batch deal with the paint for the Honda 919? Lead gray? Magnet gray? Matte black? These motorcycle things are supposed to be FUN, folks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Czech It Out

OK, OK, Skoda is Czech, not Russian.

I guess my imagination was writing Czechs my brain couldn't cash.

Right with you there on the Falco. I live about 4 blocks from an Aprilia/Moto Guzzi dealer. What great people--they love bikes in general and also the bikes that they sell. I'd like to buy an Aprilia to take advantage of their closeness and good attitude.

But I just can't deal with having to spend every ride looking at those miserable clocks that look like the corporate consequence of spending all the budget on those cool aluminum frames. "Hey, we can get a great deal on instruments from Lada!"

Your idea of optional clip-on heights is brilliant. Adjustable clip-ons might be too pricey/hard to engineer but what if when you went to the dealer, you could pick your set of clip-ons? I have an R1 (with Helibars--I ordered them the day I bought the bike). If riders could choose I bet not one in five would choose the standard clip-ons on the R1 which are low enough to be sorta like an extension of the front axle. Beautiful cast pieces, though. Much prettier than the Helibars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
R1 Helibars

Good point about the R1--the Helibars for it are only about an inch higher (although about an inch closer to the seat, which is WAY nicer for short or hedonistic people). And I'm not sure you'd want them much higher than that.

But on the other hand, is there something wrong with wheelies?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.