Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: 2003 Aprilia RSV 1000 R Feedback

Burns in a Vader voice "KPaul I am your father"

No I am not bitter. Why would me who hates all racing V-Twins like Vs in the morning? Now if it was Is as in inlines then you might have something.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Always was a sucker for a redhead. Seriously, though, this thing's quite the looker. Beautiful bike!

Okay, so I'm one of those weirdos who liked the Duc Multistrada, so you all might tell me to go to hell with my styling comments, but I think the new tailsection is striking... love the twin exhausts, too. The whole rest of the bike, from the swingarm to the body panels is pure sex appeal. The only improvements I'd make are the headlights. While not quite up to par with the beauty of the rest of the bike, they're still pretty enough, (I'll agree with you all on the honda-like part) and I think it's quite an improvement from the previous model, which was one of the things that kept me from drooling over little Miss Mille as my own dream ride.

So now I've got something to dream over, for when in my little fantasy world my '02 SV650 becomes a more track-day-dedicated machine, this beauty would be a lovely addition to my stable.

Of course, that's the fantasy world. In the real world, I'm a broke college student, the RSV's overgunned for me, and I haven't yet seen the track. I'm hoping to do so soon; I'll post a query about that (and my questions about my readiness) next.

But someday, she will be mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pierre Terblanche should pay closer attention to whats going on in his own country. Aprilia has come up with a design that puts Ducati to shame. Now lets hope that it performs as well as it looks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did They Run Out of Blue Paint?

OK, the new Mille has beautiful lines.

The old Mille and the Tuono look like they were patched together using leftover parts (the gauges in particular seem to be surplused from the Russian manufacturer Skoda). They're such a mishmash of shapes that it almost creates a style of its own. Almost.

I especially like the new tailsection of the Mille which in its own way is designed as nicely as the R1 (even though it looks completely different).

But what's with the paint? Did Aprilia get a batch deal with the paint for the Honda 919? Lead gray? Magnet gray? Matte black? These motorcycle things are supposed to be FUN, folks!

·
Registered
16 Posts

I'm not sure Scott, but I think it might be a requirement to have a job before you go out and purchase a brand new aprilia.

I think I read that somewhere. If not, someone should right that down, so that I can say I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

Fairing sides are a little slabby also...they look like they were designed by Sharkskinz. I love how they tout the .006 improvement in aredynamics and the 3% gain in power at maximum speed- like anyone on the street will ever be able to feel that. All in all a pretty ho-hum update, with nothing special, except the styling, which is subjective.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Did They Run Out of Blue Paint?

You had better buy the Matte Black- the lead gray will be slower because of the extra weight, and the Magnet Gray will be dragging along cars behind it. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did I miss something? Does the new bike bring over the trianguloid fulgumometer and the flux capacitor systems from the first fleet? I mean hey, where would we be without the BattleStar Galactica instrument panel. I just hope I can be among the few cadets to command one of the RSV Mille 1000R Factory Special Edition Limited Number Flight Unitlaunchsequencepushtheredbutton....Yeah, I want one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well I'm heading off to my local dealer to put my some money down. I think I found the perfect way/bike to ***** off my ex wife with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Terblanche's (sp?) styling is really, really bad. Does anyone know how Ducati sales are going?

When people spend this kind of money, they want head turning styling of the good sort.

Expensive and good-looking = sales.

Expensive and ugly = no interest.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

No way, Next to the Moto-Guzzi V11 Scura the R1 is the most beautiful bike on the road today.

alot of bikes look good, this one included but the it's not in the same league as the R1, Let alone the Scura.

·
Registered
21 Posts

You got that right!I am thinkin of tradin' in my Triumph Daytona 1200... I am not generally so fickle and like to keep a bike for quite a while before I trade... but it is love at first site! The new Aprilia is beautiful! Reminds more of the 250RS than the Mille... very nice work! Now whats the price again? I got a fist full of yen and I am ready to spend... Sorry Daytona... we may have to part ways... good as you have been.. I really like the look and performance potential of the new Aprilia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Did They Run Out of Blue Paint?

Actually, Skoda is a Czech company... but I agree, the old gauges looked horrible (like a Lada dash!). I was at the dealership ready to buy a Falco, and just couldn't get over how ugly the dash was. (I ended up with a Daytona 955i after finding out I could insure it for the same price).

But back to the topic at hand. I really like this new Mille. Any time someone says a bike looks "slab sided" I seem to love it. And they finally got rid of all the racer-boy graphics. I'd also take off the remaining stickers they if I were to buy one. Which is a definite possibility.

That swing-arm and twin exhaust look great. The front is a 200% improvement over the old Mille, which I didn't care for. Overall I think Aprilia has a huge hit on its hands.

Slap on some heli-bars and that just might be my next ride. Speaking of, cycle companies should offer optional clip-on heights when you buy the machine. It would greatly increase the prospective customer base. There are a number of bikes I'd be more interested if they had higher bars.

·
Registered
157 Posts

My thoughts exactly. Maybe its time to trade my RC51 and MV F4 for the new Aprilia. Its probably better than both.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts