Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really like the frame and swingarm on this bike, but the radiator covers are less than pleasing. They're a little BMW 650 or 1200. Anyway, the headlight cluster has got to go. I love that they upped the displacement, I think I could grow to love the thang. Bet she sounds purty good too.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Nice review

Looking at this bike and the MV Brutale gives me a woody. . At the great IROM race (International Race of Morons , on equally prepared Buell Blasts) I promise I won't hump your bike Buz like my wife's Poodle tries to do to my Yorkie. Italians sure know how to build sexy machines. I think the Japanese need to kidnap some Italians designers. Compared to these bikes the 599 and 919 look old an frumpy. How can the Italians tolerate the 999 with so many other beautiful graceful Italians bikes?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I like the overall lines, but it's a bit overbaked to my eyes. Not a fan of the "windscreen" or the radiator shrouds. Love the swingarm, subframe design and the look from a rear 3/4 view. A few too many "baroque-industrial" doodads. I like what they were going for, but they should have stopped designing at about the 3/4 mark. The licence plate/rear fender assembly is an abomination as they are on most bikes, but this one looks particularly bad. Definitely a candidate for a fender eliminator kit--or a nice sharp hacksaw.

The Brutale and Raptor pull of the same general look in a more tasteful refined manner.

Sounds like an asskicker, though. I could probably get used to the looks, too.

Oh, and "TNT" is a really dumb name.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
On closer inspection, that plate assembly looks like it bolts underneath the exhaust, so no hacksaw required. With all that over-designing, couldn't they find a better place to locate the rear turn signals? Were they too exhausted or something?

Of course, those traffic sign-sized licence plates they use there don't help matters much. Ick.

Oh, and "TNT" is still a dumb name.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Nice review

PRESS RELEASE

Rome, Italy: Italian Minister of Moto-Aesthetics Fabrizio Bellamoto today announced a blockbuster 3-way trade involving two of Italy's most renowned marques, and Japanese giant Yamaha. The transaction will send MV Agusta design chief Massimo Tamburini to Yamaha, while Yamaha's R1 design team will head to Ducati. Current Ducati chief designer Pierre Terblanche will fill an unspecified position at MV Agusta. When asked for details about Terblanche's new duties, MV Agusta CEO Claudio Castiglioni replied, "Something with a pail."

Yamaha spokesman Bukkake Seruzawa said of the transaction, "We are very excited to acquire the services of Massimo Tamburini, designer of the landmark 916 and F1 series. We were understandably reluctant to part with the design team of our beautiful R1, but let's face it, that was a fluke. I mean, we're Japanese, for cripe's sake. We're good for one soulful design every 20 years or something. We need to play the odds."

Of the departure of Pierre Terblanche, Ducati majority shareholder Texas Pacific Group spokesman Billy Joe Robideaux said, "I don't know what the hell we were thinking when we hired that South African frog. I could'a chopped me up a toy 916, swallowed it, and crapped a better re-design. But we're happier than pigs in sh-t that the deal happened like it did, see'ins how the only other offer we had for him was the assistant groundskeeper from Piaggio."

When asked how his company would benefit from trading one of motorcycling's most renowned designers for one of the most controversial, Agusta's Castiglioni said, "It will be worth it to have that _face di culo_ under my thumb. It is my duty as an Italian to see that he never comes within a kilometer of a sketchpad."

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Heh heh. And he thought he had the most exotic streetfighter around.

The robber baron deserves this comeuppance. It's what he gets for being part of the secret society "The Evil Big Businessmen for Bush the Antichrist(tm)."

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.