Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Build your own

Choppers are only cool if you build it yourself. Period. It was an individual expression of man and machine once, in a far away galaxy, a long long time ago. Then the rich guys found em, thought they were cool, and well there goes the neighborhood. This bike is just like the rest. Cool if you built it, and uncool if you bought it.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Build your own

Stopping one of those things had to be a trip. Never got to ride a true old school chop. The rear brake only, jockey shift, rigid kind. I bounce the idea around to build a shovelhead rigid from scratch one day, but I think the coolness would wear off after the first 20 potholes.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Re: Build your own

I was thinking bobber/wideglide style rather than the stretch/rake/long forks chopper. Front brake would be a must. Hand shift would be optional, but old school would demand it. Thanks for the rocker clutch tip. don't know if I will ever build one, but ya never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.