Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Completely agree. If I was buying a sport bike to use on the street- or on the track and street- it would probably be the Daytona. By not stacking up I was referring to a strict track comparision. And even then we are only talking maybe only a couple seconds different lap time. To a pro racer a big deal. To a weekend track day enthusist it probably shouldn't be a factor.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: 2004 Pig Dog Ridgeback

Dang right, too perfect for my tastes.

Suspension seems to have reached its pinnacle, so the only place left is the motor, and component parts.

Since the 2 stroke is dead, I predict all kinds of formula 1 technology will be injected into dirt /street bikes, like ceramic/carbon fiber internal parts, the elimination of the cam shaft, and drive. Lighter frames, wheels, etc. Multi-stage fuel injection systems that sequence the spray at different times on the power stoke, controlling everything from detonation to combustion chamber temp.

This will come at a price, though. Hell, I can barely adjust the valves on my old 350 Honda, much less ones with the evil bucket/shim design. I get tired just thinking about it.

That's why I like my DT1...

·
Registered
730 Posts
No,not smarter just tired. My E Glide is right for my beat up old body.....I look with envy at my son and nephews on their GSXers and such;If i was 30 years younger id be right with em,but alas Im an old geezer on a geezer glide with a geezer(albeit a good lookin one)on the back(when shes not riding her Buell Blast--shes in much better shape than me).

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: 2 stroke or not to stroke...

They're trying to kill 'em off. Look at the 2005 model line, only mini-racers, 125s and 250s are two strokes anymore.

I'd say in decade, two strokes will be relegated to the history books.

That's way I'm hanging on to my '87 CR500, ported for top end, no less.

I'd like to see ANY 4 striker dirt bike beat me in a drag race, or out top-end me.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: By the way Coleman is a

company not in any way connected to Fuji Industries...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Read it an weep Bushy

Hrmm.. Looks like according to the LA Times (notoriously conservative newspaper) Bush is now kicking Kerry's butt. 49% to 46%. hrmm.. still wanna say the swiftboat vets don't matter?

The convention hasn't even started... and if you think the Swifties dominated the press... wait a couple weeks. There are some POW's that have a WHOLE lot more to say than the Swifties.

It's fixing to get REAL ugly boy.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Read it an weep Bushy

Did you see that picture of John Kerry in a place of honor at the War Museum in freaking Hanoi? Cool! Right near Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Not Big Dog's best bike

I was there three times as long as Kerry! And I never blew myself up with an M-79 grenade even though I shot off hundreds more of those than Kerry did. So I should be even more qualified to be Pres., right? By this sort of logic the person most qualified to be president should be William Calley!

121 - 140 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.